2022 PRS S2 Custom 24-08 Models not expected to ship until January 2023?

There are also a lot of new straight S2 Custom 24s out there in the $1,600.00 range.

I just sent my 2021 PRS Custom 24-08 back to PRS for the second time to fix tuning instability issues of it going sharp with tremolo use. I think more attention will be paid to the nut. I can't wait to get it back. I love the looks and feel of the guitar :)

I just sent my 2021 PRS Custom 24-08 back to PRS for the second time to fix tuning instability issues of it going sharp with tremolo use. I think more attention will be paid to the nut. I can't wait to get it back. I love the looks and feel of the guitar :)
I use Big Bends Nut Sauce in the nut slots and on the bridge saddles of all my guitars .. it truly helps with tuning, including my DGT… .. accept no substitute……

Yes, I use the same. Though, when this fails to help, PRS has to get involved. I am putting all my faith and trust into the great people at PRS. They received it this morning. YAY!!!!

I've read on here you shouldn't use graphite on the PRS nuts, I'd put nut sauce in that category too. Saddles may be another story. I use the stuff too but never had the need on a PRS.

Stupid question…………did you break it in, or were you thinking it would stay in tune with no break in? With a new guitar, I use the following habit. Every time I take a new guitar out of the case, I work the trem vigorously up and down then tune it. I repeat this 2 or 3 times and then play. A couple of weeks of doing this every day, and the trem stays in tune beautifully. If you use a non standard strung gauge, it will take longer before the guitar stays in tune. You also have to reset the trem springs if you use a non-standard string gauge or tuning. The trem guitars will not stay in tune if you switch tunings while playing. Other than that, all of mine have been great. I sold all my non PRS, except my big band archtop.

Stupid question…………did you break it in, or were you thinking it would stay in tune with no break in? With a new guitar, I use the following habit. Every time I take a new guitar out of the case, I work the trem vigorously up and down then tune it. I repeat this 2 or 3 times and then play. A couple of weeks of doing this every day, and the trem stays in tune beautifully. If you use a non standard strung gauge, it will take longer before the guitar stays in tune. You also have to reset the trem springs if you use a non-standard string gauge or tuning. The trem guitars will not stay in tune if you switch tunings while playing. Other than that, all of mine have been great. I sold all my non PRS, except my big band archtop.
This. Great advice.

That is a fantastic point! No, I did not break it in as you say. I played it for about two weeks, and I did go down to 9's. I have a question for you, though, how come my Ultra Luxe Strat stayed in tune right from day one? I am so VERY anxious to get my 10 top back from PRS. PRS also found a crack in the finish up by the neck, and they are taking care of that for me. I am so in love with the PRS. I love the way it feels. The tones are excellent, and I love the looks. I know now that PRSs take a little more loving care to fall into place. Thank you so much for your input! I can use all the tips I can get :)

If you went from 10's to 9's, the guitar will go sharp. When the trem is set properly, it's parallel to the body. When you go down a string gauge, the back of the bridge will be closer to the body than the front. Remove the backplate, and loosed the trem claw screws about an 8th of a turn. Work the trem up and down as I previously recommended. Retune the guitar to pitch. If the trem is still not parallel, loosen the screws another 8th and rework and retune. Do this as much as necessary until the trem returns to parallel. Your Fender trem doesn't float. We need to tune our Ferraris.

If you went from 10's to 9's, the guitar will go sharp. When the trem is set properly, it's parallel to the body. When you go down a string gauge, the back of the bridge will be closer to the body than the front. Remove the backplate, and loosed the trem claw screws about an 8th of a turn. Work the trem up and down as I previously recommended. Retune the guitar to pitch. If the trem is still not parallel, loosen the screws another 8th and rework and retune. Do this as much as necessary until the trem returns to parallel. Your Fender trem doesn't float. We need to tune our Ferraris.
Thanks, bro!! I forgot to tell you the 2021 Fender Ultra- Luxe Strat (mine at least) is set up as a floating tremolo.

Last edited:
Hi all,
I just joined, and I am incredibly anxious to purchase a 2022 PRS S2 Custom 24-08, and all I can see on the web is that there are none available. I have to pre-order :-(. I spoke with Guitar Center, and Sweetwater and they have them not arriving before January 2023. I have PLENTY of guitars but not a PRS, and I was all excited to go out and put my paws on one. This saddens me. OH Well.
Yeah. Checked several websites. On Chicago Music Exchange there are few, very few, PRS guitars that aren't pre-order.

Last edited:
Well, everybody, this is the story/saga as it continues! My Custom 24-08 is still at PRS PTC. They found a small finish crack on the body close to the neck. So it is being totally refinished, and then they will put it back together to fix the going sharp issue. I have been without it for two months plus! CS has been fair to good. I wish they would add updates to the process of my guitar as they said they would. I have had to call periodically to find out. With that being said, I am going through withdrawals!! This time, I have been looking to purchase another PRS without a "TREMOLO!" I have enough tremolo guitars, btw that work great! I also would like to try a little upgrade from pattern thin...SO!!! I found this beauty! I will have it in two days. Peace out, Y'all :)https://www.guitarcenter.com/PRS/Wo...ack-Gold-Burst-1500000351089.gc?source=4XBACR

Well, everybody, this is the story/saga as it continues! My Custom 24-08 is still at PRS PTC. They found a small finish crack on the body close to the neck. So it is being totally refinished, and then they will put it back together to fix the going sharp issue. I have been without it for two months plus! CS has been fair to good. I wish they would add updates to the process of my guitar as they said they would. I have had to call periodically to find out. With that being said, I am going through withdrawals!! This time, I have been looking to purchase another PRS without a "TREMOLO!" I have enough tremolo guitars, btw that work great! I also would like to try a little upgrade from pattern thin...SO!!! I found this beauty! I will have it in two days. Peace out, Y'all :)https://www.guitarcenter.com/PRS/Wo...ack-Gold-Burst-1500000351089.gc?source=4XBACR
Sweet guitar! 594s are great. You’re gonna love it

Back