2022 PRS S2 Custom 24-08 Models not expected to ship until January 2023?

Afterburner1277

Hi all,
I just joined, and I am incredibly anxious to purchase a 2022 PRS S2 Custom 24-08, and all I can see on the web is that there are none available. I have to pre-order :-(. I spoke with Guitar Center, and Sweetwater and they have them not arriving before January 2023. I have PLENTY of guitars but not a PRS, and I was all excited to go out and put my paws on one. This saddens me. OH Well.

Hi all,
I just joined, and I am incredibly anxious to purchase a 2022 PRS S2 Custom 24-08, and all I can see on the web is that there are none available. I have to pre-order :-(. I spoke with Guitar Center, and Sweetwater and they have them not arriving before January 2023. I have PLENTY of guitars but not a PRS, and I was all excited to go out and put my paws on one. This saddens me. OH Well.
I pre-ordered one the other day from sweetwater and I was told 9 weeks. Interesting

I pre-ordered one the other day from sweetwater and I was told 9 weeks. Interesting
Wow! That is very interesting! My sales engineer (Evan Mehre) told me at least until October. Guitar Center said Jan 23! I really am in no hurry, so if I wait, later this year, I might go full throttle and purchase a 10 Top ;)

Hi all,
FWIW, good used deals pop up on The Gear Page and sometimes…….Reverb, if you jump on a reasonably priced one.. there are plenty of new 2021 Custom 24’s out there. Look at the PRS website USA dealer page and checkout the dealers like Willcutt and John Mann’s Guitar Vault

Last edited:
It seems to me that some retailers may well of 'pre-sold' their batches of orders.

If they have had to phone up PRS to order 'more' stock in batches (add another 10 guitars to their order), those guitars will be added on to the end of the run, which may well put it in Jan 23 but other retailers may still have some coming in from 'earlier' batch orders that are not yet 'pre-sold'. Especially if you are picky on colours.

Most retailers, when new models launch, may order a batch (maybe 10 guitars in 4/5 colours. Then it gets announced, people phone up and order before those guitars arrive. If they ordered 2 'red' guitars but then a 3rd person wants a 'red' guitar specifically and the pre-orders are going well, they may phone up and order another 10, and given an idea of the lead time for that batch. Therefore, it may depend on when that store ordered or have to 'order' and how many people have ordered before you too.

I like Sweetwater, I have purchased a few guitars from them, and they always do me right. Also, I have enough axes to keep me satisfied until it gets here. Besides, I can have a few months to save for it and appease the wife :). Thank you again so much, andy.

Done deal! I looked around, and I decided to pick up a 2021 Custom 24-08 Ten-Top Black Gold Burst from Chicago Music Exchange. It got here in 2 days, and all I can say is the guitar is FANFREAKINTASTIC. I am so delighted I purchased a PRS! I am so happy with the tones, sustain, and feel of this guitar.
Awesome!

Circling back to the opening. I got a chance to play a S2 24-08 yesterday. It is by far the best S2 Cu24 I've played. PRS nailed it with this one.

Screenshot_20220206-103418_Gallery8e1e46048f8f86df.jpg

Screenshot_20220206-103407_Gallery714a265e03d75d0d.jpg

Screenshot_20220206-103439_Galleryf761f188cdce8db2.jpg

Back