2021 Studio First Gig

Yep, he has a nickname that sounds like Tone not see. And he plays a Katana out, and IMO the Kemper is 400x better. His thing is he wants it all to sound like the same amp, and I can see where he’s coming from but it just seems like a waste to me. He is also the best musician in our band so he can get away with a lot. I know I’m making him sound like a jerk but he’s not, he’s actually one of my best friends.
Hmmm... there "may' be just a little jealousy in play here... just a thought.

I don’t think it’s jealousy, he has a Mark V, and some other killer tube amps, he just won’t take them out live. He could afford a Kemper if he wanted, he just likes the Katana for live because of the lower financial risk of gigging it.

Unless you meant that I am jealous of him being the best musician in the band, and in that case I'm not. He's a little better than me but I actually prefer to play with people I can learn from.. and I'm not that bad LOL!

Last edited:
Unless you meant that I am jealous of him being the best musician in the band, and in that case I'm not. He's a little better than me but I actually prefer to play with people I can learn from.. and I'm not that bad LOL!
Nah mate. I was thinking the other guy might have an issue. Sounds like he's just a bit of a control freak.

Nah mate. I was thinking the other guy might have an issue. Sounds like he's just a bit of a control freak.
Yeah that's just his personality. I've been playing with him for about 10 years now in various bands, and he's very particular about sounds. 9 times out of 10 its actually for the better, but I think with the Kemper using more of it's potential is that 1 time out of 10. He's a good guy though, just very particular about music and things being a certain way. We've all got our quirks in the band, and I usually end up doing what I want anyway.

Yeah that's just his personality. I've been playing with him for about 10 years now in various bands, and he's very particular about sounds. 9 times out of 10 its actually for the better, but I think with the Kemper using more of it's potential is that 1 time out of 10. He's a good guy though, just very particular about music and things being a certain way. We've all got our quirks in the band, and I usually end up doing what I want anyway.
That's cool.
As another cover player I just can't help myself from using the tones and or effects for the parts I play.

Back