2021 In Review

Moondog Wily

Howlin' At The Moon!
Considering the hell hole the world has been in for the last two years, I wanted to post about the positives of 2021! Would love to hear highlights from y'all as well!!

Got my first PRS (McCarty HBII - Feb '21)!
Got my second PRS (CU24 - Mar '21)!!
Got my third PRS (PS CU24 - Jun '21)!!!
Got my Axe FX III (Dec 29, 2021)!!!!
PLAYED MORE GUITAR THIS YEAR THAN THE REST OF MY LIFE COMBINED!!!!!

Could not be happier with these acquisitions and what they have done for me musically. The PRSi have allowed me to feel much more confident about what I am capable of, which has allowed me to start to stretch my legs on where I can go musically! And the Axe FX III, acquired just days ago, is a MONSTER that will have me composing new material just based on some of the presets and how they sound! Total tree with millions of branches to climb on!! I spent the last 60 minutes of this year playing guitar, paused for 15 minutes to celebrate the turning of the clock (and watch fireworks from the porch), and then played for the first 4 hours of 2022!!

Hope you all have a wonderful 2022 and I look forward to hearing about your 2021 highlights if you choose to share!!!

Cheers~
MW

Too many guitar blessings to count. I got my all time #1, the (current) avatar custom 22 triple soapbar. Then it’s blue brother from the same run fell out of the sky for a good price. Then a Johnny Hiland also fell out of the sky for stupid money. Then a maple board/neck DC3……my gig and love lives are different stories……..

Moved house December 9 2020.

New kitchen in March.

Architect plans for garage conversion in May.

Music room in June (started).

Planning granted for garage conversion in July.

Music room finished in October.

Storm repairs in December.

Attenuator as Xmas gift.

No guitars though!:( Maybe get round to building one for my buddy in 2022.

New kitchen in March.

Attenuator as Xmas gift.

THAT sounds like an expensive year! You deserve a new guitar in 2022 for yourself. Or two, or three...

New kitchen in March.

Attenuator as Xmas gift.

When you say "My buddy", is that the imaginary friend in your head, aka, you? Congrats on all of the construction this past year! Many people are getting their production paused due to skyrocketing lumber prices ;~(( And it was heart wrenching to see your new music portal be kicked in the teeth by mother nature, but you seemed to recover quickly! Cheers to a great new year for you Mr. Alnus!

2021, the year in which my life was altered by my introduction to the Vela, and the Tie Dye Tower. In those ways, it was a most excellent year.
Wow, and I though you were a long time Vela admirer!! I really need to get one!!! It is in my list of top 3 PRSi to acquire, but need to find the funds!!!! What is a Tie Dye Tower though? Never heard of that! Did plenty of tie dyeing back in the 80's, but I am not familiar how the tower fits in!! Please expand!!!

Wow, and I though you were a long time Vela admirer!! I really need to get one!!! It is in my list of top 3 PRSi to acquire, but need to find the funds!!!! What is a Tie Dye Tower though? Never heard of that! Did plenty of tie dyeing back in the 80's, but I am not familiar how the tower fits in!! Please expand!!!

I became a raging Vela convert in the beginning of 2021 - and intend to stay that way :)

As for the other...this is the Tie Dye Tower:
ministack.jpg

VHT D-50 with 2 VHT 112 cabs, customized by me because the stock beige cloth is boring.

And here are the demos thereof:

Lets just say its been a roller coaster of a year:

Head on collision at 40 mph -
Workers Comp paid all my bills +
Bought a SE HB II +
Work gave me a huge raise even though I was out on comp. +
My daughter quit college with just 1 semester to go -
Daughter broke up with her live in boyfriend and moved back home +/-
Went back to work after 4 months +/-
Renovated the master bath+
Painted the master bedroom +
Retiled the kitchen +
Netted about 33K from insurance settlement +
Bought a core 594 HBIi, but had to trade off the SE HBII, a 2001 SE Santana and an Acoustic Bass to do it. +
Wife test positive for Covid on New Years Eve. -
Betty White died -

Congrats and well done. 2021 was my return to PRS after selling Custom 22 I had back in 2006. Got a 35th anniversary core for my birthday in March and a Standard 24 6 weeks later. Looking forward to get at least one more PRS this year. May be tough as I'm planning a lot of changes in my professional life (I don't want to be a paramedic any more) and I may need some funds to pull a new patch but I'm hoping to get either Fiore or something on P90's

This two I have really injected joy of playing again for me too. I play more often than ever and have as much fun doing so as I did back in my 20's.

When you say "My buddy", is that the imaginary friend in your head, aka, you? Congrats on all of the construction this past year! Many people are getting their production paused due to skyrocketing lumber prices ;~(( And it was heart wrenching to see your new music portal be kicked in the teeth by mother nature, but you seemed to recover quickly! Cheers to a great new year for you Mr. Alnus!

Mrs AR cracks the whip! Haha.

I’m lucky to have good friends/family and we were able to get things sorted quite quickly.

Trying to make this one our forever home.

Bought a SE HB II +
Retiled the kitchen +
Bought a core 594 HBIi, but had to trade off the SE HBII, a 2001 SE Santana and an Acoustic Bass to do it. +
Betty White died -

Man that’s some busy/eventful year.

Hope Mrs Wakester recovers safely. Oh and Happy New Year.

Last edited:
I became a raging Vela convert in the beginning of 2021 - and intend to stay that way :)

As for the other...this is the Tie Dye Tower:
ministack.jpg

VHT D-50 with 2 VHT 112 cabs, customized by me because the stock beige cloth is boring.

And here are the demos thereof:
Aahzz, ok, now I get it! Great work, LOVE IT! Your logo looks great in the center of the tie dyes!! Did you make the nameplates as well or have them made? Thanks for sharing and congrats on a HellOfAVela conversion in 2021!!!

Bought a SE HB II +
Retiled the kitchen +
Betty White died -
That certainly does add up to a roller coaster ride! Hope you had your hands in the air for the big dips (the only way to ride a coaster)!! I count more positives than negatives in your list, but understand that some have more weight than others!!! Whatever the case is, hope 2022 is a smoother ride for all!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!!

Congrats and well done. 2021 was my return to PRS after selling Custom 22 I had back in 2006. Got a 35th anniversary core for my birthday in March and a Standard 24 6 weeks later. Looking forward to get at least one more PRS this year. May be tough as I'm planning a lot of changes in my professional life (I don't want to be a paramedic any more) and I may need some funds to pull a new patch but I'm hoping to get either Fiore or something on P90's

This two I have really injected joy of playing again for me too. I play more often than ever and have as much fun doing so as I did back in my 20's.
Killer scores on the git fiddles this year Mr. Simon! I know I could never have worked as a paramedic, so thank you for what you have done!! Best wishes for this new year and beyond!!!

Killer scores on the git fiddles this year Mr. Simon! I know I could never have worked as a paramedic, so thank you for what you have done!! Best wishes for this new year and beyond!!!

Thank you brother. I still love it but I'm tired. I think its best if I start building something new while I'm still young as I just can't see myself being on the old age side doing this. I did 19 years frontline, its enough.

Besides, if I pull this I will be able to afford more PRS and get more time playing them :)

Non PRS:
- had to pay a huge unexpected tax bill, but that was because my wife sued her former employer and won big-time.
- had to fight to get a contractor off of our house repair and paid them $1400 to do nothing
- started my YT channel “AXE-FX III Tips & Tricks” in June
- oldest granddaughter had her choice of colleges to pick from, as she is one of the top baseball players in Indiana
- let my guard down once and got COVID. So of course my wife caught it as well. She’s slowly recovering; I felt like I had a head cold for a few days

PRS:
- got an SE Custom 24-08 in early November initially because the Eriza Verde color was fascinating.
- wife found a ZM that she ordered because she loves Trampas Green. Also in November.
- wife told me to order an SE HB II w/ Piezo in Peacock Blue NOW because inventory was dwindling. Also in November
- traded my ‘06 Les Paul R9 for a McCarty 594 HB II right before Christmas

Last edited:
Back