2020 CE24 Factory Wiring Question

jdj89

Hey all, first post here.

I just acquired a 2020 CE24 via trade. So far I am loving this guitar, its my first PRS in about 6 years.

I have a quick question if anyone can help me out. The previous owner had swapped out the stock 85/15 TCI pickups for some dimarzios, I got the 85/15 with the trade and I am in the process of putting them back in.

I want to take the guitar back to its stock form with the 85/15 and the push/pull tone pot. So far I have everything installed and wired back up except for the green and red wires from each pickup, the schematic I got from the PRS website does not show these wires and I have no clue where to connect them and I don't want to just guess and get it wrong.

So I am wondering if anyone would have access to an updated schematic, know where those wires would attach or even someone who has a factory 2020 ce24 themselves and be willing to take picture of the tone pot and toggle switch so I could just see where they go.

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome!

That thread definitely helps some, still needing some help with it though. I've got an email in to PRS tech support so hopefully I'll hear from them soon.

It's driving me nuts with the guitar just sitting here and needing 8 wires soldered is whats keeping me from playing. Hopefully we'll get it back up and running soon.

My 85/15s pickups had the wire colors you are taking about. I didnt know the 85/15 TCI do too. Maybe it mirrors an SE color codes? Google the S pickups. There's several helpful links about those.

I suppose things may have changed for 2020, but the CE guitars previously came with 85/15 pickups that had single conductor pickups with tap.

Can you give more description of the pickups, please? Pics would help. Are they "squabbins", (bobbins with squared corners)? What color is the baseplate and what stickers/imprints are on them?

They’re squabbins for sure, brass base plate that has PRS USA engraved and the stickers say 8515 TCI Bass and 8515 TCI Treble.

I got a few pics on my lunch break if I can get them to upload.

They’re squabbins for sure, brass base plate that has PRS USA engraved and the stickers say 8515 TCI Bass and 8515 TCI Treble.

I got a few pics on my lunch break if I can get them to upload.

That's what I wanted to hear. Was a little worried the seller was trying to pull one over on you.

Other than that, I'm no use. I haven't seen any TCI diagrams yet, so I don't know how they're wired. If you have a multi-meter, you can figure it out by measuring the different wire combinations.

Back