2019 stock of core Paul's Guitar

zum

I've been waiting for these to come in stock at local retailers since they were announced back in January. Now that PRS is promo-ing their 2020 guitars, I'm wondering what happen to these? I find it odd that we're already in October and I've seen virtually none of the new ones being sold online yet.

Any ideas on what's been happening?

Alien abduction.

alien.jpg

Last edited:
Backorder for core guitars ranges from 12-18 months, so stock is pretty low. Most of the Paul's Guitars are special orders and are sold before they ever reach the dealer. There are no major changes planned for the Paul's Guitar form '19 to '20.
Three things:
1. It's great to have an inside man to give us information quickly and accurately. Thanks Shawn :)
2. Low inventory is actually a very good thing if you are running a "lean" (think profitable) company.
3. 18 months backorders are not a good thing for keeping customers happy, but given the problems a company can have, that one is preferred over not having orders to fill. Solutions include hiring temporary help but that is not an option when you need skilled labor. You have to hire and train the labor force so you need to predict well how many workers you will need in the future. If the bubble doesn't subside you get the problem PRS has right now, and I suspect they are still hiring. If you hire too many workers and it does subside, you have to let good people go. So we see why the backorder time is long.

Backorder for core guitars ranges from 12-18 months, so stock is pretty low. Most of the Paul's Guitars are special orders and are sold before they ever reach the dealer. There are no major changes planned for the Paul's Guitar form '19 to '20.

Yeah, I'm quickly approaching 18 months on a Special 22 Artist and can confidently confirm the backorder level. LoL!

Thanks Shawn. gives me a little more time to save up.

Any changes to the S2 singlecuts, Shawn???????????

Back