2019 S2 Singlecut wiring reversed?

Jeff Almen

I have a 2019 S2 Singlecut black satin. I've wondered about the wiring of volume and tone pots, which don't intuitively seem logical.

When the pickup switch is in the up position for the neck pickup, I turn the pot knobs lowest on the body to effect changes in volume and tone. When the the pickup switch is pointed downwards for the bridge, I turn the volume and tone pot knobs higher on the body, closest to the bridge.

Seems logical that the volume/tone knobs closest to the bridge should control the neck pickup and the lower knobs should control the bridge pickup. I checked wire schematic for S2 and it seems to reflect how I think it should be wired.

Bought the guitar new at Island Music, La Plata, MD, an authorized PRS dealer. I plays great and the satin finish not only looks good, the satin neck plays faster. Thanks for any insights on this.

Yeah, there's something off with yours.

On mine, looking down at it in playing position, the top row is Neck Vol / Bridge Vol, and the lower row is Neck Tone / Bridge Tone.

Maybe the toggle switch is flipped. You might be able to just turn it around so up is down and down is up and all will be right.

Maybe they are pre wired as a set and dropped in during manufacturing. It could be that everything was accidentally rotated 90 degrees.

Just a reminder, you'd need to check the access plate in back before trying to rotate the toggle. If the toggle is indeed rotated, you'll need to know what direction to turn the toggle so the wiring stays connected.

"Thank you, Mr. Obvious."
"I'll let myself out, thanks."

Back