2019 Model Speculation

I want an SE series PRS Doubleneck guitar. But by the time I get one, I probably won't want one anymore.

I’d even settle for a 12 string.

Edit: Settle is the wrong word, I’d be psyched for an SE 12. I feel like the SE line is at its best when it’s making niche guitars that I’d only occasionally use, like a baritone or a seven string, etc.

Gotta be honest, I don’t expect much in terms of new stuff this year. We’ve finally got all the things that have been the big buzz for the last couple years - 594, Silver Sky, JMOD, 594, Sonzera, MT15. The backorder on things is so long, why release anything else? Plus, I think the product line as a whole is in a very good place.

There will be a few “small” things, certainly. My fantasies - a single coil SE, satin Mira, CE22.

594 CU24???
Given that the scale length is 24.594", I always thought it would be cool if they did this and call it the Custom 24.594. I would be into it this if it was the 2 piece bridge or adjustable stoptail....no trem.

Gotta be honest, I don’t expect much in terms of new stuff this year. We’ve finally got all the things that have been the big buzz for the last couple years - 594, Silver Sky, JMOD, 594, Sonzera, MT15. The backorder on things is so long, why release anything else? Plus, I think the product line as a whole is in a very good place.

There will be a few “small” things, certainly. My fantasies - a single coil SE, satin Mira, CE22.

Agree with you on this. I want to try out a S2 singlecut real bad but none to be found anywhere close to me. I’m not ordering another guitar without playing it again either.

Pure speculation... I wouldn't be surprised if they discontinued the regular 25" McCarty's for a few years. With the McCarty 594 being such a home run with sales over the past few years, I'd think they've significantly eroded regular McCarty sales. Personally, the McCarty is my favorite PRS model, and I'd hate to see it go (and I hope it doesn't!).

Rumors I've heard from completely real people:
  • S2 Variax
  • Core Bass Uke
  • Fanned fret models across the full line
  • A sig model from that one guy who's really cool and influential, but you haven't heard of him with your limited musical tastes you plebe
  • All those awesome Japan-only colors available worldwide

594 Trem! Some beautiful PS versions out there, but the roof ate my future guitar acquisitions...

Pure speculation... I wouldn't be surprised if they discontinued the regular 25" McCarty's for a few years. With the McCarty 594 being such a home run with sales over the past few years, I'd think they've significantly eroded regular McCarty sales. Personally, the McCarty is my favorite PRS model, and I'd hate to see it go (and

Hell, that could make MY Mccarty more valuable..............of course I'll never sell it so what the hell.

Don't they already have this???

Yep, I meant an S2 hollow body........

I really like mahogany S2s for the quality and lower price from non-flame tops, all I have done is change pickups, and that's just because I started doing that and so have a drawer full of them.

In the UK market used core models are high price, partly because the new prices jumped with currency fluctuation which supported second hand prices, so its not worth getting a second hand hollowbody as they are rare and expensive

Overseas factories can do hollow bodies for SE price point, so they could do a plainer american S2 hollowbody and it would sell, but....given the reported factory loading and back orders, I don't think they are expanding and just content with everything humming along. So I don't think there will be such a model any time soon, although I would love to be proven wrong and I would order one in black or tobacco or cherry today or yesterday.

I have an S2 singlecut, S2 mira and a strat. All I covet is a hollowbody, I'll get one someday

• Fanned fret models across the full line

if I had to guess, i'd say this is the new innovative core model maybe not next year, but soon

1. tons of hype and market for fanned frets lately.
2. they already made a PS version
3. fanned fret/multi scale guitars undoubtedly serve the purpose for which they were intended (something PRSh can get behind)
4. metal is as hot as ever

Pure speculation... I wouldn't be surprised if they discontinued the regular 25" McCarty's for a few years. With the McCarty 594 being such a home run with sales over the past few years, I'd think they've significantly eroded regular McCarty sales. Personally, the McCarty is my favorite PRS model, and I'd hate to see it go (and I hope it doesn't!).

It would be a HUGE mistake! Four times I tried to buy a 594 and four times I failed. Compared to my MC58, the 594 lacks something. And is nothing about the scale because my SC245 has more to offer against those ¿30? 594s I tried. They sound like Paul took a McCarty and cut harmonics or musicality just to match the Les Paul thick tone.
25" McCarty is THE PRS.

It would be a HUGE mistake! Four times I tried to buy a 594 and four times I failed. Compared to my MC58, the 594 lacks something. And is nothing about the scale because my SC245 has more to offer against those ¿30? 594s I tried. They sound like Paul took a McCarty and cut harmonics or musicality just to match the Les Paul thick tone.
25" McCarty is THE PRS.

The regular McCarty models were my weapon of choice for a long time. But now my collection favors the 2015 & newer McCarty 594's and Custom 24's.

Maybe they bring out an SE McCarty based on the OG McCarty specs. I'd definitely wanna check something like that out.

What about converting the SE245 to an SE594? How fast can you say "Sold"?

I honestly would like to see this, I’d love a 2 piece bridge set up on the SE Singlecut, even an SE594, fatter body, switching, fatter neck.

I doubt it though, I reckon it’s a; ‘Why would you want a USA one if the Korean ones get TOO good?’ kinda mentality..

My SE Bernie is nicer than my USA Singlecut. It’s lighter and more open sounding. Sustains more too.

I honestly would like to see this, I’d love a 2 piece bridge set up on the SE Singlecut, even an SE594, fatter body, switching, fatter neck.

I doubt it though, I reckon it’s a; ‘Why would you want a USA one if the Korean ones get TOO good?’ kinda mentality..

My SE Bernie is nicer than my USA Singlecut. It’s lighter and more open sounding. Sustains more too.

Yes more fixed bridge SE’s! And bring back the Bernie in the US!

On the site it states the following:

"And stay tuned – as NAMM approaches, there are likely to be a few more introductions."

Damn the wait!!!

Back