2019 Model Cancellation thread

It appears the "regualr edition" SE SVN has been dropped. Only the Mark Holcomb is listed. A fine guitar that is, and probably does make the regular SVN redundant.

Looks like the finish on Core guitars has changed? All Core models that I've checked now say "nitro over celluose (CAB) finish".

Dude, I would be so excited...
I like this better than the Nitro Glycerin finish although Ace Frehely would probably like it.

IMG_0063.jpg

Where are are the 594 trems? WHERE?

Also, who is doing a 594 Wood Library with wrap around bridge? WHO?

I did and loved the layout but I didn't like the wood combination. Second guitar I had with that wood combination and didn't like the tone.
Bummer! That had a beautiful top and of course the trem! I don’t get along with Korina/Limba either though.

Strangely, too, I notice not a lot of DGT's in stock a lot of places. I wonder if it's getting phased out, or modified soon.
Agreed with you about few DGTs are in few stores and I've been seeing such situation for many years.

IMHO this model insn't successful. I'm not saying it's bad, just not popular.
So this leads me to wonder why the DGT still available to date.

I've only ever seen one DGT in my entire life, and it was only a couple months ago. I played it, it was pretty cool, but not for me. I think my favourite part about the guitar was the control layout. But I did not love the pups or the neck.

The DGT and the Santana will never be fully discontinued, even if neither sell that well. They are too important to the history of the brand.

Also, loving the talk about 594 vs original McCarty. I find the contrasting receptions of the 594 and the Silver Sky so interesting. It's like, we love it when PRS makes a guitar that's MORE like a Gibson Les Paul, but hate it when they make a guitar that's more like a Fender Stratocaster.

IMO, the 58/15 LTs are some of the most incredible vintage style PAFs I've ever heard, and a huge reason for the success of the 594. Now that the 2020 McCartys have these pickups as well, the differences are more subtle. Personally, I'd love a guitar that had the tuners and bridge of the McCarty with the Pattern Vintage neck carve of the 594. I've always felt that tune-o-matics make the string tension a little tighter than a trem or wraparound and the slinky feel of PRS guitars is a huge reason why I love them.

Back