2019 Lineup just released!

MichaelC24

Sucker for Squabbins
Hey all, just a heads up that PRS have released the new 2019 lineup, including a few new killer models as well as updated current production models.

Now let me preface this by saying I am such a PRS fanboy, almost to my detriment....

Im just asking the question for educational purposes, and to get a better idea of why, aside from the DW CE... that there are no models with a maple board?!
Was really hoping for a CE Maple neck & board, or a re release of the SE models with the maple neck....
I really hope I don’t come across as if I’m complaining, and understand that they can never satisfy everyone...but I just find it so interesting that there is not enough of a market for them to introduce some additional models. It seems like I’m always seeing artist/private stock runs with this option, and bear in mind not all of us have the luxury of affording something in that price range.

Lastly, with the rosewood situation being what it is, and maple being a plentiful option I just can’t wrap my head around it. Then again, I shouldn’t question the Professionals...

On another note, some great new things coming from PRS this coming year, and looking forward to some more surprises as we get closer to NAMM!

S2 Starla & Mira both discontinued by the look of it... :(

S2 Starla & Mira both discontinued by the look of it... :(
That is mildly annoying, because it will drive up the prices for the old Core Miras and Starlas, which I've been eyeballing for a while but cannot commit any funds towards until next summer at the earliest...

Almost makes me wish I were a hippy or a cowboy.

I do have to say I wasn't too impressed by their first run of acoustics. Everyone I played sounded and felt really dead.

These new ones however are quite a step up. They play and sound nice. I'd consider one as a backup especially if I played out more.

I do have to say I wasn't too impressed by their first run of acoustics. Everyone I played sounded and felt really dead.

These new ones however are quite a step up. They play and sound nice. I'd consider one as a backup especially if I played out more.

I’m not a steel string acoustic guy, and have never tried an SE acoustic but... damn, these look fantastic! And there’s enough shell on ‘em to open a seafood restaurant.

That is mildly annoying, because it will drive up the prices for the old Core Miras and Starlas, which I've been eyeballing for a while but cannot commit any funds towards until next summer at the earliest...
Or...it won't because there isn't enough demand to keep making new ones...? *flips coin*

Im just asking the question for educational purposes, and to get a better idea of why, aside from the DW CE... that there are no models with a maple board?!
...with the rosewood situation being what it is, and maple being a plentiful option I just can’t wrap my head around it.

Boiled down your post a bit, but I'm right there with you. Maple has a long history in instrument making, and given all the Lacey Act and CITES stuff going on, seems good ol' 'Murican maple would be much easier to procure and export. That said the majority of PRS' guitars made over the last 30+ years have relied on the mahogany/rosewood neck format, and it could be PRS feels they have a proven formula that works for their guitars.

The CE 24 Semi-Hollow...

tenor.gif

The HBII with no piezo is gone. That could be a sign the HBII 594 will step in there! Whaaaat! The HXDA is gone from the lineup as well as many options in the artist package. No more maple necks and boards, no more rosewood necks or brazilian boards, and less colors. Bummer! I guess the wood library stuff is doing well and they are making bou coup guitars these days overall, I guess they needed to come up for air somewhere and trim it down somewhere. Very surprised about the HXDA.

Dudes, I could get into one of those acoustics, and I never play acoustic!

My problem is that I have a killer acoustic and it's the benchmark for everything I play. So when something sounds dull and it feels like I really have to work at playing it I put it down almost immediately.

I really want to check some of those new SE Acoustics out! Hopefully I will stumble across some during my travels.

Those acoustic are GORGEOUS. As far as the electrics go, there’s nothing to distract me from my SE Custom 24s. The exotic veneers on the SE Customs look great, but I find my Whale Blue and Trampas Green plenty eye-catching for my needs.

I'm not a fussy guy and Christmas is coming. I really like both the CE 24 Semi-Hollow or SE Custom 24 so if you're listening Santa ....
If you can't pull it off , I'm looking at a kidney and a lung because I live in Canada.

Back