2019/2020 McCarty 594 Wood Library

clmazza

Bullet the Blue Sky
What? Yes... My late 2019 serial number with finish date (hang-tag) of 1/2/20 has arrived! As mentioned here on the Forum, these have the 2020 "enhancements" (pups, nitro, tuners) yet this one happens to retain the phase III tuners that it was ordered with. I happen to prefer them anyway....

This one compliments my '20 SC594, '18 Limited MC594 Semi-Hollow and my '17 SC594 Wood Library Korina. It holds up well! Read on...

My pictures do not show how amazing this Northern Lights finish is. I cannot get this thing to photograph well. I can only imagine how painstaking it was to apply the stain(s). Really incredible!

I love everything about this one... Light colored back, Brazzy board, PIII locking tuners, slight upper chevron curly top, perfect weight - 7.5lbs and killer pickups. Jury is still out on the MOP with gold MOP outlined birds....

It sounds as you would expect, glorious! Killer cleans... great overdriven and crunchy tones. Note separation is unreal on this one. I'm still testing her out.... A single pic for now:

IMG_5027.jpg

Last edited:
WOW!! That is incredible!

Enjoy that great guitar!

It is very nice to have both DC and SC 594s IMO, they are very similar and familiar between the two, yet still very different in feel and different in tone. I really enjoy having both to switch between.

Beautiful!

So I'm seeing more and more Northern Lights outside of PS - I assume that it is still a rare event even for WL.

I might need to figure out how to grab a PRSi in that finish. Unless Dragonbreath finishes were to become available outside PS, then...

Beautiful!

So I'm seeing more and more Northern Lights outside of PS - I assume that it is still a rare event even for WL.

I might need to figure out how to grab a PRSi in that finish. Unless Dragonbreath finishes were to become available outside PS, then...

It's just because quite a few stores had Wood Library runs for their store's anniversaries and opted to use that color. For such runs dealers can us PS colors, they can not use the Glow or Dragon Breath effect. Paul might allow something unusual here and there (I saw a McCarty glow 594 wood library once), but that seems extremely rare. NL is a popular choice for such runs, it's quite a unique looking color when done right (results seems a bit unpredictable with this color).

Needless to say, unless a store's anniversary is coming up soon you should look into the used market.
Next one I know is Brian's Guitars this summer/fall, thought there no NL in his run he chose plenty of cool PS colors: zombie fade, beach fade, iceberg fade, etc

Wildwood still had one 594 in NL as of yesterday, that one is very purple though which can happen a lot with NL.
Dave's Guitars had one such run 2-3 years ago, there again the NL color was less than thrilling (pale purple + very pale muddy green), same thing for Willcutt 1-2 years ago.

I picked up my CU 24 NL last summer from Chuck Levin's as well as a Beach Fade from them for their store's anniversary.

Back