2018 PRS Special Limited Edition Semi Hollow Body Upgrade

deakle

I see some dealers are offering an "Artist Pack Upgrade" for the PRS Special Limited Edition semi-hollow body that was announced at the Experience. Does anyone know what this entails? @Shawn@PRS?

Same as usual for an AP: slightly better than 10-top flamed (not quilt!) maple, choice of neck and FB woods, hybrid hardware, other color choices, and other nice treats.

EDIT:

For example, look at the CU22 product, page, and click on "Show Artist Package Specs" at the bottom.

Note that not all AP options are always available for every model - e.g. I think the HBs don't allow pickup swapping.

http://www.prsguitars.com/index.php/electrics/core/custom_22_2018

Top Wood Artist Grade Flame Maple
Back Wood Select Mahogany
Neck Wood Select Mahogany
Neck Profile Pattern
Optional Neck Wood Artist Grade Figured Maple or East Indian Rosewood
Fretboard Wood Artist Grade Gaboon Ebony
Fretboard Inlays Green Ripple Outline/Green Abalone Center Artist Bird Inlays
Headstock Gaboon Ebony Headstock Veneer with Inlaid Green Abalone Signature
Optional Artist Grade Fretboard & Veneer Figured Maple (Maple Neck Only) or Brazilian Rosewood (USA only)
Bridge PRS Patented Gen III Tremolo
Hardware Type Gold, Hybrid or Nickel
Pickups 57/08 Covered or Uncovered, 59/09 Uncovered, \ m / Uncovered, HFS & Vintage Bass, 58/15 or 85/15​

Same as usual for an AP: slightly better than 10-top flamed (not quilt!) maple, choice of neck and FB woods, hybrid hardware, other color choices, and other nice treats.

EDIT:

For example, look at the CU22 product, page, and click on "Show Artist Package Specs" at the bottom.

Note that not all AP options are always available for every model - e.g. I think the HBs don't allow pickup swapping.

http://www.prsguitars.com/index.php/electrics/core/custom_22_2018

Top Wood Artist Grade Flame Maple
Back Wood Select Mahogany
Neck Wood Select Mahogany
Neck Profile Pattern
Optional Neck Wood Artist Grade Figured Maple or East Indian Rosewood
Fretboard Wood Artist Grade Gaboon Ebony
Fretboard Inlays Green Ripple Outline/Green Abalone Center Artist Bird Inlays
Headstock Gaboon Ebony Headstock Veneer with Inlaid Green Abalone Signature
Optional Artist Grade Fretboard & Veneer Figured Maple (Maple Neck Only) or Brazilian Rosewood (USA only)
Bridge PRS Patented Gen III Tremolo
Hardware Type Gold, Hybrid or Nickel
Pickups 57/08 Covered or Uncovered, 59/09 Uncovered, \ m / Uncovered, HFS & Vintage Bass, 58/15 or 85/15​
Thanks! I was not sure if there was any special "goodies" since it was an Experience guitar or not.

As a PSA... the 3 PRS Limited Editions introduced at the XPRS18,
The Ltd Special, Semi Hollow 594 and Semi Hollow 594SC in Artist Package do NOT have an option for Flame Maple or Rosewood Necks, according to the the Product Announcement letter we received from Jim Cullen
They are all Mahogany Only Necks..
Its possible you will see some Wood Library Versions that are different, however AP will not have that option..

As a PSA... the 3 PRS Limited Editions introduced at the XPRS18,
The Ltd Special, Semi Hollow 594 and Semi Hollow 594SC in Artist Package do NOT have an option for Flame Maple or Rosewood Necks, according to the the Product Announcement letter we received from Jim Cullen
They are all Mahogany Only Necks..
Its possible you will see some Wood Library Versions that are different, however AP will not have that option..
OK, well that's makes my decision about whether to go AP or not with a possible Semi-Hollow SC594 build pretty easy! The main draw of AP had been maybe slapping a maple neck on there, but I was also thinking sticking with Hog would provide a more traditional tone, and the price differential between a non-10-top and AP is enough that I can settle for a non-10 if the neck is going to be the same material...

Back