2018 PRS Experience

We arrived yesterday late-afternoon at the HGI in Grasonville. Must have just missed ya, @Fred Baer , we went to Fisherman's Inn for some fantastic scallops, crab, rockfish and shrimp, and beer and wine! Then wandered to The Jetty for more beers and watch a band play - guitarist had an old-model SE CU24, covered a lot of tones quite well.

See y'all this afternoon!
Well. I was at The Jetty last night while they were playing, saw the SE! I’m actually
Now sitting at Fisherman’s Inn having some lunch and a Bloody Mary or 2! I’m wearing a Ron Jons surf shop blue t shirt! Say hi!

IMG952868_zpsijxjssko.jpg

Will totally buy a black (or GT) :) SC 594...
...going to hop in the car for the drive in about 90 or so minutes.

Yay!

So any point in arriving a bit early, like 3:30, to enhance parking odds and be first in line?

Sadly I had to head home early but I wanted to take a moment to say a few things.

1) If you have been on the fence about going to the Experience let me just say this was an A M A Z I N G Experience, it was my 1st and definitely will not be my last.

2. Meeting so many forumites has been awesome everyone was welcoming and friendly.

3. The artists were just amazing, David Grissom and Bosco France are genuinely 2 of the nicest guys on the planet. Emil Werstler remembered me from 6 years ago and was just a helluva guy.

4. It was a blast to just sit and hear stories from Doug Sewell, Skitchy, the rest of the PRS crew

5. I witnessed a miracle while there as my wallet did not empty lol

Thanks to all the forum guys though seriously you guys made the weekend awesome

Lastly what's with all the mac n cheese ;)

Like TMB before me, I too decided to bone out early and head back home. I was very glad to have made the trip from Detroit to come to EXP2018, made some new friends, checked out the MT15 and Archon 50 and got to enjoy myself if for a little while. The only three downsides to the trip were 1: realizing that the staff member who rung up my purchases never put the replacement knobs back in the bag (and I was too caught up in the excitement to check on it), 2: not being able to purchase the aforementioned MT15 due to non-availability and 3: getting my picture with Mr. Paul and seeing how much of a friggin' whale I have become despite my recent dieting and exercising. Those things aside, it was a great time.

Last edited:
Had a great "experience." Attended both days. What a great event!

But, I didn't get to pull the trigger on a 594SC McCarty burst - even a non-10 would have worked just fine. I looked, not one to be found. How could that happen??

So now I plan to contact some dealers and see what they are expected to receive in the next few months. Maybe there's something in the pipeline.

Back