2018 NAMM thread

namm2018-mark.jpg
I hope Markie bought that, then realizes he doesn’t really want it.

Do they normally announce stuff at NAMM? I haven't really been following their product cycle.

Yeah I know, it’s pitiful, I’m living my life vicariously through my forum brothers!

WHA, WHA , WHAT!!!???? SAY IT AINT SO BRO! Ok, no more vicarious living dude....ya gotta make the jump..it's time you got "jumped in". Here in the States, thats what it's called when several gang members beat the bajeezus out of someone who wants to join....well, unless they are are in a college fraternity...then it's called "hazing".o_O eh, tomato- tomato. Just go out and make it happen man! You can thank me later!:D

DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

I've been following updates through PRS' Instagram stories but they're so short it's like being offered a single piece of candy when you're out trick-or-treating. I wish I could be there in person!

I am digging what I see/hear with this amp. Having said that, does anyone know what tubes are stock? If it's like the typical Chinese assembled jobs I have already messed with, the tubes will need to be replaced pretty quickly, unless they surprise me and specify something durable from the factory.

Stanley Jordan disagrees.

As does Rick Nielsen.

RicksPicks-300x300.jpg

You know I thought of Rick after I posted that. Love Rick and his crazy guitar affliction:) I'll watch the Stanley Jordan vid in a mo. I wish I had even a bit of Rick's talent and all of his guitar collection.

Yeah! He’s probably got some great trade bait for more PRS.

I know he doesn't use PRS but his collection is pretty banging considering he's got two (of approx 20) original Explorers plus one (of approx 80) Flying Vs.

Anyway getting back on track - the MT15 looks and sound a cool little amp for the money. Very impressed. My other thoughts watching the walk-though are the booth is huge and with a massive line up - they've come a long way from just offering a Custom, 'Standard' and Metal.

No regrets Coyote / We just come from such different sets of circumstance / There's no comprehending

Last edited:
I am digging what I see/hear with this amp. Having said that, does anyone know what tubes are stock? If it's like the typical Chinese assembled jobs I have already messed with, the tubes will need to be replaced pretty quickly, unless they surprise me and specify something durable from the factory.

PRS has so far shipped all of their amps with relatively good quality tubes on overseas made amps - Ruby, Tung Sol, JJ. I'm sure we could have a days long discussion on tube quality, but those are certainly better than the generic tubes in import builds. They do it right. Of course, no one has gotten the Tremonti amp to say for sure, but I would be surprised to see a change.

Back