2018 3Q Concert Anticipation

alantig

Zombie Four, DFZ
Only have a few lined up so far - Kenny Wayne Shepherd/Beth Hart, Terry Bozzio, and Paul Simon. I'm sure there will be more as time goes on. September seems to be a heavy month around here.

Don't be jealous, but I'm going to see Macklemore and Kesha in August.

I won't be as long as you aren't that I am going to see Harry Styles in June. My buddy has retired from concert going, except to take his teenage daughter to the shows she wants to see. I was giving him a bunch of sh!t about it. His "payback"....he tells me over the weekend that when HS tix went on sale a year ago, he bought one for me too.

on purpose?

The things you do for a to-be 11 year old daughter.

I have a lot of respect for Macklemore, though his music doesn't consistently hit the mark for me.

I had dismissed Kesha as too bubblegum until her latest album got some positive attention last year. It has its high points and is relatively listenable. It has some good power to it and a big dose of irreverent lyrics.

My buddy picked up tix for Glenn Hughes in September. Playing Deep Purple stuff.

And we took our kids to see Hayley and Hilary Duff years ago.

Summer tickets:
- Steely Dan / Doobie Brothers
- The Peach Festival (3 glorious days of music in the hills of Pennsylvania including Dickie Betts and band out of retirement)
- The Revivalists
- Dave Mason and Steve Cropper
- Van Morrison

that's it so far...

Jeff Lynne's ELO in August and Ozzy in September are all I have going, so far.

Lucky dog! I'd give my left nad to see ELO, even if it is just Jeff Lynne and Richard Tandy. Alas, they're not coming anywhere near Atlanta, and my year's travel budget and vacation time are spoken for.
I saw Ozzy on the Bark at the Moon tour in 1984, so I think I'm good there.

Lucky dog! I'd give my left nad to see ELO, even if it is just Jeff Lynne and Richard Tandy. Alas, they're not coming anywhere near Atlanta, and my year's travel budget and vacation time are spoken for.
I saw Ozzy on the Bark at the Moon tour in 1984, so I think I'm good there.

Looking forward to it! As for Ozzy and his Farewell Tour, I realized I hadn't seen him since the Speak Of The Devil tour in '83. I figure twice in 35 years ought to do it

Looking forward to it! As for Ozzy and his Farewell Tour, I realized I hadn't seen him since the Speak Of The Devil tour in '83. I figure twice in 35 years ought to do it

I'd love to see ELO. Not happening, though.

And Ozzy - saw him on the Diary, Bark, and Uktimate Sin tours. Since then, the only time I've seen him was at the Jon Stewart/Stephen Colbert rally in DC. A pleasant surprise. When Colbert started to introduce him, my immediate response was, "No way this is happening." But it did.

I'd love to see ELO. Not happening, though.

And Ozzy - saw him on the Diary, Bark, and Uktimate Sin tours. Since then, the only time I've seen him was at the Jon Stewart/Stephen Colbert rally in DC. A pleasant surprise. When Colbert started to introduce him, my immediate response was, "No way this is happening." But it did.

Too funny. I did see Ozzy with Sabbath at one of the Ozz-fests though. I much preferred the Heaven and Hell version. More energy.

I had no idea this existed! I'll be there in July...I'm sure I can convince my wife to go...:)

You HAVE to go. You’ll know all the bands these guys/chicks have played in like Heart, Bon Jovi, Yes, Survivor, Meat Loaf, Ozzie, Missing Persons, White Snake, and Slash, etal. They start with songs from the ‘60s and move forward. It’s a small venue in Hardrock hotel, and the cost is about $45. You can meet the players at the show’s end. I’ve been 3 times, and I’m looking forward to going again soon.

Back