2018 1Q Concert Anticipation

So what’s going on with this, is it on?

I sat through NIN years ago for a Bauhaus reunion set... it was worth it.
Unfortunately it got rescheduled for late June so I have to book another flight to come back. Though I didn't learn this until a few days before my flight.

I know the show is going to be great, so I'm determined to see this through!

John 5 was spectacular as always. My buddy asked me one time if there was anything he can't play. I'm not sure there is. I told my wife after I got home that I just want to tune my guitar to open E and learn "Behind The Nut Love".

The opening band? Wow - what a spectacular display of...something. I don't think it can legally be called music. And their 'banter'? It doesn't get better - and alleged jokes don't get funnier - if you scream them louder. At one point, they attempted to teach the crowd their hand gesture to replace the metal horns. They said, "Okay, first you show us your middle finger..." and someone yelled, "You don't deserve it!" It's been a long time since I heard actual boos at a show - or at least it had been. I was teasing my buddy before the show because the last two times, they've had a different local band open and I thought they were bad. I had no idea we'd wish they were there instead.

Last night was also Machine Head here (I kept telling my wife I was getting her tix to that for Valentine's Day, but once the John 5 show was announced, she knew I was lying - if I didn't go to the Penguins game, I was going to John 5). I saw a report today on the local newspaper's that they had to cut the show short because Rob Flynn has a respiratory infection. They apparently got through about an hour of the show before he couldn't go on.

Anyway, go see John 5. Amazing player.

[QUOTE="EDIT: well I didn't get to meet the band, but dream fulfilled! What an awesome show! Two straight hours of grinning ear to ear and singing at the top of my lung and my register. At some point i'll put my blurry videos up on YouTube.

Sorry for the shakey image, Its hard to stand still when you're fangirling and trying not to sing along. Awesome guitar solo in this song.[/QUOTE]
Bands move on and change, but Kayleigh was such an iconic song of my formative years. Derek Dick’s desperate lyrical style just suited that song so well!

It’s mad the memories that come back from ‘85 when I hear that song.

Sorry for the shakey image, Its hard to stand still when you're fangirling and trying not to sing along. Awesome guitar solo in this song.
Bands move on and change, but Kayleigh was such an iconic song of my formative years. Derek Dick’s desperate lyrical style just suited that song so well!

It’s mad the memories that come back from ‘85 when I hear that song.[/QUOTE]
The entire Misplaced Childhood Album is the soundtrack to my teen and early 20's years. The emotion in every song was my emotion at that time. I now have to catch Fish on tour and my quest will be complete.

Back