2018 1Q Concert Anticipation

alantig

Zombie Four, DFZ
Screw the seasonal thing - going by quarter should make this a little more organized.

So, whatcha got?

Slow-ish start to the year for me - Trevor Noah in January, Steppin Stones in February, and Foreigner in March.

There is the possibility of Joe Satriani and G3 in February - locally, they're the same night as Steppin Stones, and I went with those tickets because I really like that band, and Satch hadn't announced his band. Sure enough, a few weeks later, he announced that Mike Keneally and Bryan Beller are indeed with him again. They'll be near Cleveland about two weeks after they're here, so if the weather holds, I'll consider driving up there.

And for our anniversary in March, we'll be going to see Craig Shoemaker - the Lovemaster. Just have to pick the date that weekend.

I've got nothing in Q1, unless you count ventriloquists. The Mrs wants to see Terry Fator. That's only a few miles from home, and in January.

G3 is at the Chicago Theater in Febraury. On the fence.

Actually, I guess Kid Rock. I was thinking that was May, but it's in March.

Eric Johnson with Arielle at the Triple Door in Seattle on Groundhogs Day. \m/

I may have to go see Knower on 2/12. A friend put me on to them recently and they have put together a ripping live group.

That’s some group of very talented musicians there.

Slightly mystified by the bee keeper camera lady. Never thought I would use those four words consecutively in a sentence together in my life!!:confused::D

I was just watching @sergiodeblanc cleaning video and thought how he might like these guys.
They seem to have a vibe that he might dig?!

Last edited:
How did you become aware of Knower?

A friend posted this Louis Cole video on Facebook:

And then I went down the YouTube rabbit hole and found he was in a band called Knower and then I found the couple of quirky "live band sesh" videos. Their studio albums are pretty good, but nowhere near as good as these live band performances.

A friend posted this Louis Cole video on Facebook:

And then I went down the YouTube rabbit hole and found he was in a band called Knower and then I found the couple of quirky "live band sesh" videos. Their studio albums are pretty good, but nowhere near as good as these live band performances.
The keyboard playing is very percussive and has a 70’s Stevie Wonder vibe about it, especially the bass hand - nice groove

I know the synth is a part of the aesthetic for him, but I'd much rather hear this played on a clavinet like 70's Stevie!
Oh yeah me too, however the development process and cost that SW went through to produce that keyboard was astounding.

Apologies, it was the Yamaha Dream Machine that I was thinking of.

Ah I’m gonna get banned from the forum as no.1 derailer of threads.

Sorry @alantig !!:(

Last edited:
Back