2018 1Q Concert Anticipation

Just added U2 to the Q1 schedule. Not a huge fan, but I like them. I haven't seen them live yet, and feel like I should.

Dwezzil on Tour this spring:

https://www.dweezilzappaworld.com/

If you've never seen him and his band, you owe yourself. His ensemble is incredible. The best I've ever heard...and would blow away any band(short of McLaughlin's)...

I concur. This past tour was the best I've seen Dweezil's band play since their Experience appearance. They always played the music well, but there was a sense of stiffness, of trying to hard to be just like the record. This past tour, they (as Frank said) really put the eyebrows on the music. We had the VIP passes so we could see soundcheck, and they played "Watermelon In Easter Hay", which is possibly my favorite Zappa song, and one that would have never gotten played in the ZPZ days. Turns out it's one of Dweezil's favorites, too - he told that story before they played it during the show.

I'm going to see Morgan Wallen next Friday.. I grew up with his Mon And Dad.. His Dad is like a brother to me.. He's doing pretty good in the Country Music Scene.

In February I have front row seats for the Clearwater Seafood and Blues Festival. Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Ana Popovic Samantha Fish and a lot more..

I guess April is 2nd quarter but I have tickets for Richie Kotzen on a Saturday and Walter Trout 3 days Later..

I'm going to see Morgan Wallen next Friday.. I grew up with his Mon And Dad.. His Dad is like a brother to me.. He's doing pretty good in the Country Music Scene.

In February I have front row seats for the Clearwater Seafood and Blues Festival. Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Ana Popovic Samantha Fish and a lot more..

I guess April is 2nd quarter but I have tickets for Richie Kotzen on a Saturday and Walter Trout 3 days Later..

I think you'll enjoy KWS. I was never a huge fan, but my buddy is, so we went to see him (first time for me) in September, and I have to say, his new album is killer. They gave a free download w/the tickets, but I'm thinking about outright buying it as well. Ana Popovic was here around that time, but we had to pass (it might have been the same night - I know there was another show).

Marillion Feb 15, in Buffalo. After 30 years and 4 missed shows, I am Finally going to see my favorite band. It will be a small venue so I'm hoping for the chance to meet Steve Rothery (Guitars) Pete Trewavas (Bass) ,Ian Moseley (drums) And Mark Kelly (keys) and Steve Hogarth (vocals)

EDIT: well I didn't get to meet the band, but dream fulfilled! What an awesome show! Two straight hours of grinning ear to ear and singing at the top of my lung and my register. At some point i'll put my blurry videos up on YouTube.

Last edited:
I think you'll enjoy KWS. I was never a huge fan, but my buddy is, so we went to see him (first time for me) in September, and I have to say, his new album is killer. They gave a free download w/the tickets, but I'm thinking about outright buying it as well. Ana Popovic was here around that time, but we had to pass (it might have been the same night - I know there was another show).

I've seen Him a couple of times myself.. It is the new album that has me Pumped to see this show.. I pre-ordered it so i've been listening to it since it came out.

So giddy about Eric Johnson tonight, I trotted down to Emerald City Guitars on my lunch hour in case he dropped in, lol. No EJ, but man, Jay Boone has some cool stuff.

So giddy about Eric Johnson tonight, I trotted down to Emerald City Guitars on my lunch hour in case he dropped in, lol. No EJ, but man, Jay Boone has some cool stuff.

Nice! Fired up here too, all my buds who've caught the AVM tour elsewhere have just raved about it. Can't wait!

Wow, just noticed this from the previous show. Can lightning strike twice, I wonder?

DkZokbf.png

I'm flying to SF to see Peter Murphy play a best of Bauhaus set on Valentine's Day, but his visa issues have already caused several of the shows during his residency to be rescheduled. I'll be so sad if it gets canceled.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-25832-1383073275-16.gif

I'm flying to SF to see Peter Murphy play a best of Bauhaus set on Valentine's Day, but his visa issues have already caused several of the shows during his residency to be rescheduled. I'll be so sad if it gets canceled.

Yikes, what a bummer. Hope they can get that sorted.

That will be killer! Saw him last week and he was at 110%. He is the virtuoso of my time.

And if they really hit the road, do not miss Extreme. Nuno put on a show-of-a-lifetime last week proving he has not lost a thing after all of these years. It’s a Monster!

No surprise guest at the 6:30 show, but it was pretty awesome anyway! “Desert Rose” was freaking amazing, wish I filmed it! Hopefully someone a bit further back not facing down 200 watts of Hiwatt bass amp did!

No surprise guest at the 6:30 show, but it was pretty awesome anyway! “Desert Rose” was freaking amazing, wish I filmed it! Hopefully someone a bit further back not facing down 200 watts of Hiwatt bass amp did!

Yeah, I figured a guest was unlikely, and no worries -- they needed no help whatsoever. What a phenomenal show! Tommy Taylor was on fire, holy @#$%. I'll post some stuff when I've had a chance to catch my breath, we just got home a bit ago.

I did get a surprise anyway: had no idea a cover of The Night Before was lurking. Killer!

Man, all I know is that a couple hours parked in front of his rig sure was therapeutic. Damn.

P.S.: If the next cool show has one time slot we both attend, the first beer's on me. ;)

And if they really hit the road, do not miss Extreme. Nuno put on a show-of-a-lifetime last week proving he has not lost a thing after all of these years. It’s a Monster!

Extreme is one of my favorite bands and Nuno is my favorite guitarist. They were my bucket list band. Last week THEY KILLED IT! One of the best shows I’ve ever seen. They played over 2 hours. We had great “seats” (didn’t we Boogs?)- SRO :p. I will see them again (and again).

Extreme is one of my favorite bands and Nuno is my favorite guitarist. They were my bucket list band. Last week THEY KILLED IT! One of the best shows I’ve ever seen. They played over 2 hours. We had great “seats” (didn’t we Boogs?)- SRO :p. I will see them again (and again).
Yes, that was an insanely great concert! I’ve been a quiet Extreme fan for years. The quiet part has ended.

Sons of Apollo put on an incredible show Monday night here in Atlanta!
Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal is beyond ridiculously talented. I can't imagine playing the way he plays on a fretless guitar! He switches between the fretted and fretless necks on a dime.
Not to give offense, as I'm a pretty big Dream Theater fan, but Sons of Apollo shows what would happen if DT had a really strong rock singer. They played 2 songs off of "Falling into Infinity" and just killed them.

Sons of Apollo put on an incredible show Monday night here in Atlanta!
Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal is beyond ridiculously talented. I can't imagine playing the way he plays on a fretless guitar! He switches between the fretted and fretless necks on a dime.
Not to give offense, as I'm a pretty big Dream Theater fan, but Sons of Apollo shows what would happen if DT had a really strong rock singer. They played 2 songs off of "Falling into Infinity" and just killed them.

That must have been a great show! Big fan of Jeff Scott Soto's pipes!

So what’s going on with this, is it on?

I sat through NIN years ago for a Bauhaus reunion set... it was worth it.

Back