2017/2018 Tremonti SE Custom questions.

Discussion in 'PTC - PRS Tech Center' started by Opunaesala, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Opunaesala

Opunaesala New Member

Hello everybody! I recently ordered one of the newer model Tremonti SE customs with the actual PRS signature on the headstock and had some questions about it in general.

-Is it factory set up for string gauge 9's? I generally play 10's.

-Does anyone know what TUSQ nut would be the closest for it? I plan to get that replaced soon after I get it, and if it is set up for 9's, I'll have my shop make any adjustments needed for 10's.

-Any issues with the bridge or saddles? I've got some Grover 406c tuners coming to put in, and wanted to know if I should order anything else. I've heard good things in general about the hardware on the newer models.

Thanks in advance!

2. Opunaesala

Opunaesala New Member

After looking into it a little further, I will probably go with the American PRS nut as the replacement. It also looks like it does come standard with 9's, so I will have my shop take a look at it and set it up for 10's.

3. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

It'll have 9s, and the Core PRS would be a great upgrade. Greatly help tuning stability.