2016 line is out!

Has anyone else noticed on the se cu custom 24 description it says dot inlays but the picture shows birds, hope that's just a typo

And...no Holcomb or Waring guitarz.... SAD FACE.

Those were always marketed as limited editions with a cutoff date set for orders when they were announced, so not entirely unexpected.

ohhhh.... Trampas Green is back. That is #3 on my favorite PRS color list behind Eriza Verde and Solana Burst.

Looks like they also dropped all the solid (opaque) colors from the maple topped guitars in the S2 line. Only the standards have them now. Interesting.

Met with a few guys from PRS at sam ash....they raved about the 58/15. Basically the 85/15 and the 58/15 are the evolution of the 59 and the 57. Improved, better and a little different from what it sounded like. Paul is constantly on the move with trying to create the best sounding pickup. Those are his new babies. But I still love the 57/08! I'm in the market for two new core line guitars. Maybe I'll have to get a CU22 and a CU24.
Selling my old stuff....really digging the pattern and pattern regular neck more than the pattern thin that I have....

This is now a standard private stock model, sounds exquisite:

Last edited by a moderator:
Those baritones will be mine; both of them. Really miss my Mushoks, and these look even better.

Has anyone else noticed on the se cu custom 24 description it says dot inlays but the picture shows birds, hope that's just a typo

It's got to be a typo, since all the pics have them with birds. Additionally, there's a misspelling on the 277, with "Furance" being the pickups.

Met with a few guys from PRS at sam ash....they raved about the 58/15. Basically the 85/15 and the 58/15 are the evolution of the 59 and the 57. Improved, better and a little different from what it sounded like. Paul is constantly on the move with trying to create the best sounding pickup. Those are his new babies. But I still love the 57/08! I'm in the market for two new core line guitars. Maybe I'll have to get a CU22 and a CU24.
Selling my old stuff....really digging the pattern and pattern regular neck more than the pattern thin that I have....

No, I don't want to believe there is a pickup better than the 57/08 in my guitar! :)

They also have the "New!" "sticker" next to the SE Custom 24, but not the 277 -- I think they meant the baritone.
Seriously. Me want too. I asked about the pickups. 58/15s. Of course they are. And I already have an SC-J, a P245 semi-hollow, and a HB II.

Last edited:
I was really hoping for a Core Custom 22 Floyd. Oh well. Bummed that the BM is discontinued.

Maybe the Marsden core is waiting for release sometime next year to fill out the siggy line…

I've been yearning for PRS to release a new baritone for ages, 2 issues for me though, first the colours offered aren't the best and second I would of loved a semi hollow with the tone furnace pickups. that said I will most likely get one, not sure whether it warrants getting rid of my MM baritone to fund it though. I would imagine they will add more throughout the year like they have done this year with the Vela and the S2 standards etc.

Back