2016 line is out!

nablaz

Has anybody else noticed?
Some new offerings, like the S2 Standard Satins, SE 277 Semi-Hollow Soapbar (!!!) and the completed new line of SE acoustics.
Core wise, no big announcements... A couple colors have changed and... All the core intruments except 408, Paul's Guitar and the signatures now have 58/15s (22 fretters) or 85/15s (24 fretters)! Apparently, 57/08s and 59/09s will only be available through the Artist Package.
So, opinions?!

A whole slew of YouTube vids were put up today, around 11, but I will just post the soap ones.

Got Soap?

SE 277 Semi-Hollow Baritone w/ Soapbar Pickups | PRS Guitars Demo

Surf Loop using the SE 277 | PRS Guitars

To see more new ones from today, here is the link.
https://www.youtube.com/user/prsguitars/videos

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure how I feel. My guitar arrived this weekend (finally!). I think I would have liked the 58/15s.

Seem that AP has a few colours I have never seen before? River blue and purple mist are news to me at least. Does anyone have a sample?

The McCarty now has an Artist package option, which is nice, because the maple neck option is pretty cool on this model (I like mine a lot); interestingly, they must be low on BRW fretboard material, because that's no longer offered as an option on Artist package models, though that's a pretty minor thing in terms of tone no doubt.

Core looks like a solid lineup to me. The 58/15s and 85/15s are my favorite PRS pickups for non-Singlecuts and non-408s at this point, so that's a good thing. If I got another SC, I'd get the Artist Pack just for the 57/08s and the other fluffery., but there are other models I haven't yet tried so another SC's not something that I'm in a hurry to do. ;)

Damn they look better every year.
So 85/15s are the new 57/08 (getting stocked on the Cu24s now).
Something deeply satisfying about the baritone guitar.
Satin guitars are always a win.

They're extolling the virtues of satin necks so I have to ask (having two of my own) - why now? Should have done it years ago!

I missed this other baritone one posted today.
No soap though.

Last edited by a moderator:
That SE 277 semi-hollow soapbar baritone guitar is a target of acquisition for me. Should pair well with my SE MM baritone (solidbody).

There isn't much else that specifically piques my interest, and that's OK - I'm still catching up on previous years' discontinued models that I want like a 305...

The new Baritones are very interesting, look and sound fantastic.

I have the Cherry MM Baritone with Railhammer pickups but it's already a challenge to find a place to put it in an arrangement for my home brew recordings.

Last edited:
Looks like '10' quilt is off the menu too now. Most guitars just have '10-top Flame' as an option.

The supply must be seriously choked.

Seriously want one of the Satin Standards, just kind of stuck between the comfort of the Custom 22 body shape, or the versatility of the dual push/pulls of the Singlecut (and the fact that it has a stoptail). Was really planning on getting one of the SE Custom 22's, until these Satin S2's came out for almost the same price. What a steal!

I think the charcoal finish will age really well, especially if it were to start to wear through, that would look cool.

Unholy carp, not one but two baritones, and the both sound really good (those Tone Furnace pickups sound sweet), and SE pricing! And oh yeah -- surf/twang! Yeah, I'm in.

Note to Les -- the DG Custom 50 is featured prominently in the Semi-hollow video.

It is with heavy heart that I admit to myself that the SE 277 soapbar is something i want, want, want, but do not need. It`s a can`t miss sound wise.

Wish they kept the SE 277 with humbuckers a semi-hollow. I would say yes right away.

To a solidbody version...Yeah probably. I probably will. We were all asking for the MM with a carved top and here it is. And non signature too so everyone should be happy.

Back