2016 Experience Photo & Gossip Thread

this may have been the best musical lineup they have had in a long time (IMHO). If you want to really showcase your guitar, you want to be able to hear it played skillfully and with nuance. Often that gets lost in the chunka-chunka bottom 3 strings in a metal band. I thought all the players really showcased the guitar with their talent. I didn't like the shortened format as much. I wanted to hear the bands during the day and therefore couldn't make all the workshops I wanted to get too. But I was a great weekend of good music, good food, and the greatest guitars in the world!

Following dinner at Ram's Head Thursday night, a bangin' picture for the Serg...

E8B0A971-3131-4923-A82D-8E1E8EC0980F_zpsdnjjoqwa.jpg

My buddy Tim with his first PRS, a Tremonti in black gold...and Paul. Tim was pretty floored by the whole thing. Getting his picture with Paul & talking to him for a few minutes, he had a lot of fun. Dying to get that guitar.

03B5CF96-6F7F-4641-B035-305470CD5FDF_zpseuvjvax2.jpg

Some random factory pics:

489D0D07-CA2D-48EB-91C0-69DD08C9EBC2_zpsbvcsmc8h.jpg

6B82B62F-3326-4C7C-8F5F-61148AE3344D_zpsvekgty2d.jpg

39436800-B0AF-4445-8FAF-6488EB056FEA_zpsm4woorbv.jpg

1BFF9299-16B2-4EE5-9EF5-F500167C4B31_zpsu3pq9nc2.jpg

Here's a prototype acoustic I eyeballed for a long time in the rack. First I thought Tonare Grand from a distance, getting a closer look, maybe a Cody Kilby? Something still looked different so I asked one of the guys who worked in acoustics. He said it was a proto that was a little smaller all the way around. Bracing tweaked inside. To me it looked a hair thinner body depth than the Angelus, but they could've been the same- it was close. It was Brazilian back and sides and sounded beautiful. It was really comfortable to play.

3473C613-310D-4948-8F80-975A5CEBCB1D_zpsgjmudlha.jpg

This is Gian's pic, I thought it would've been posted but I haven't seen it. Too cool for school...

CE271E32-A024-47C3-8D28-84D5A7F23DE5_zpsozwuilpl.jpg

Last edited:
Vaughn, I assume we didn't win the guitar raffle? (I even rubbed the money used to buy the tickets on iahawk's shoulder for good luck)

Vaughn, I assume we didn't win the guitar raffle? (I even rubbed the money used to buy the tickets on iahawk's shoulder for good luck)
Nope, I had high hopes some luck would rub off but no go.

Some Black Stone Cherry rocking! Had not heard them before and liked a lot of the tunes they played. They just drifted into this for a few and went right back into their songs.

203_zpsk9jwaxnm.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Corey Glover helping out and Prince's guitar player, Mike Scott, on an awesome version of Purple Rain with inspired soloing.

189_zpshtks3ku1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Why are these people smiling? Because they're having such a great time! The playing was truly jaw dropping. The call and response soloing between Michael Ault and David Grissom on the PRS Band song, Man On The Moon, was killer. Even Paul was blown away and said to the crowd wasn't that just amazing. If anyone has video or audio, I'd love to hear it.

189_zpshtks3ku1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] The call and response soloing between Michael Ault and David Grissom on the PRS Band song, Man On The Moon, was killer. Even Paul was blown away and said to the crowd wasn't that just amazing. If anyone has video or audio, I'd love to hear it.
^^ post #104 of this thread. 3rd video down

064_zpsshkg9ric.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Boscoe France was great - bluesy, funky, technical, great slide, and vocals. His original tunes and were cool. He was having a good time. I love that Paul invites so many different artists that I can get turned onto. I never knew Dave Weiner's music until the 2010 Experience and still listen to his music and follow him. Thank you, Paul.

Back