2016 Experience Photo & Gossip Thread

Did anyone go to the session with Bryan Ewald from 1200-1230? I wonder what he said about the 58/15 vs. 85/15...
I had to change gears last minute. partially in that the two example guitars (594 for 58's and CU24 or CE for 85's) are just too different otherwise to get anything out of the comparison. And we had music kind of blasting from either side so most of the subtleties would be lost. And not doing this stuff much I learned that trying to fit a full on "lesson" and demo into 30 min is tricky. One the plus side, I did two impromptu demos with Emil And Bosco that were a blast (for me at least).

I had to change gears last minute. partially in that the two example guitars (594 for 58's and CU24 or CE for 85's) are just too different otherwise to get anything out of the comparison. And we had music kind of blasting from either side so most of the subtleties would be lost. And not doing this stuff much I learned that trying to fit a full on "lesson" and demo into 30 min is tricky. One the plus side, I did two impromptu demos with Emil And Bosco that were a blast (for me at least).

I still liked it! I found it helpful for my skill/lack of skill level:oops:

The best part of the videos, for me, was hearing really great guitar players wail away on a variety of PRSi through really cranked up PRSi amps. Now THAT you don't get often enough for my appetite. And Mike Ault 'tradin off' with Grissom was too much fun. Thanks for these JustRob~!

I just found out from Grissom himself that he was playing thru his 30 Watt head, not a 50 for this gig.

Last edited:
The Morning After

Decided to stop by on our way out of town and get a "morning After" pic at the factory. The only people around were the tent crews taking everything down.

It was great to meet everyone this year...special thanks to JustRob for introducing me to so many of you! And thank you all for the congratulatory words! It was a great weekend all around!
FullSizeRender_zpsktihmgkr.jpg

Completely and utterly awesome!

The lesson part was great! I'm a newb to guitar, but I've played piano my entire life, so I pretty much went straight to major and melodic minor scales, still learning pentatonics, and natural minor scales just irk me, but I do a lot of what I call "ornamentation", so the part about how one note was ornamentation, but when you started adding more notes, it actually changed the scale you were playing in, that really hit home.

To everyone else -- I have a link on the previous page to pictures of the easel that Bryan used.

On video one above right now, what guitar is Paul using that he then hands off to Bernie?
Paul and Bernie are getting some great Robin Trower like tones and riffage, sounds great!.

I loved everything about the event... except the sound guy for the main stage. He was consistently late on individual volumes. Very annoying with such great players ripping it up. Also, the bass players were just barely in the mix (listen to the videos). He even looked pretty bored. I was hoping he would get better as the show progressed... nope.

Last edited:
Reactions: TFC
Thanks @JustRob for posting the videos. As good as they were, the bands were 10x better in person. That rendition of Purple Rain was a show stopper and just floored my son and I. After that song was over, my son asked if we should head home because it wasn't going to get any better than that. I said we should stick around for Living Color because they might be pretty good. I was wrong, as Living Color was amazingly good. Very fun, adventurous, exciting and rockin band. Even the bass solo was entertaining ;). And Corey Glover is a tremendous singer.

Is the Simon McBride video you posted the first song he played? If I recall, the second song he did he really tore it up.

Also meant to add one small correction to one of the videos. The guitarist in the Purple Rain video is Mike Scott, not Dez Dickerson.

i think you should give Paul feedback on the tent setups. at one point there was so much overflow from the registration tent and artist performance tents, it was basically useless hearing what was going on in the demo tent. I did like you Bosco session.

thanks to righteous guitars and Guitar USA Music store for feeding my habit at this year's experience
9A4F2AEE-71EF-4286-A024-227E8011068C_zpsaaqdmcrq.jpg

752059CA-5E08-4ACA-BB84-E8D68C50C0C8_zpsbe0q3qpp.jpg

I was not able to purchase the guy holding the guitar. I also had fun with some the forum clan, Al, Jes and a few other who's names I could not remember. And it was awesome to see the forum guitar in person!!!!

Back