2016 Experience Photo & Gossip Thread

13321803_10153864416633999_6964997466229326057_n.jpg

I'm not stalking Mr. Grissom...that much.

13307206_10154167381452412_6959558001079705594_n.jpg

Family fun!

13336100_10154168070787412_4830055869728301753_n.jpg

Swag.

13315337_10154167382322412_5035531978720280945_n.jpg

Double Neck!!

13319780_10154167382227412_6277236158212218718_n.jpg

The green!

13344535_10154167381617412_136420309118995161_n.jpg

GUITARSSSSS.....

I had to change gears last minute. partially in that the two example guitars (594 for 58's and CU24 or CE for 85's) are just too different otherwise to get anything out of the comparison. And we had music kind of blasting from either side so most of the subtleties would be lost. And not doing this stuff much I learned that trying to fit a full on "lesson" and demo into 30 min is tricky. One the plus side, I did two impromptu demos with Emil And Bosco that were a blast (for me at least).
I was not prepared for Boscoe as a player. THe demo you did with him was just plain friggin fantastic. . Funny as hell.

064_zpsshkg9ric.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Boscoe France was great - bluesy, funky, technical, great slide, and vocals. His original tunes and were cool. He was having a good time. I love that Paul invites so many different artists that I can get turned onto. I never knew Dave Weiner's music until the 2010 Experience and still listen to his music and follow him. Thank you, Paul.
Agreed, Andy hamburger (the drummer) and jay Turner (the bass player) are legends in the Balt/Wash area. Andy is the best drummer I ever heard or played with, and also the nicest guy. No rehearsal, just met Boscoe, and he just killed it. Jay is the same.

Looks like a great time was had by all. Next year I won't have my every two year Canada fishing trip, so maybe...

So Tuesday of this week I booked my hotel for the PRS Experience 2016. So last night I decided to see if people were starting to post threads about the upcoming event, good thing I checked before I drove down from PA, because I would have shown up to an empty parking lot. Uhhhggggg, I'm a week late, DAMN! I thought it was this weekend even though I received e-mails from PRS about it. Next time I should read the e-mails and check the dates better. I can't believe it OMG!!!

It must be nice to be famous, David gets the girl to carry his guitar! lol Is that his wife or manager?
My guess is that she's a PRS employee helping him out. I don't think that's his guitar. He posted to Facebook that he was just bringing that small pedalboard because PRS would have a guitar and amp for him.

So Tuesday of this week I booked my hotel for the PRS Experience 2016. So last night I decided to see if people were starting to post threads about the upcoming event, good thing I checked before I drove down from PA, because I would have shown up to an empty parking lot. Uhhhggggg, I'm a week late, DAMN! I thought it was this weekend even though I received e-mails from PRS about it. Next time I should read the e-mails and check the dates better. I can't believe it OMG!!!
Aw! I hate when that happens -- I was a month late to a Riverside concert last fall, and now the guitarist has passed away, so I doubt they'll do another North American tour...

My guess is that she's a PRS employee helping him out. I don't think that's his guitar. He posted to Facebook that he was just bringing that small pedalboard because PRS would have a guitar and amp for him.
Yeah, I think maybe short of Vernon Reid's PS, them being a guitar and amp manufacturer and all, they had guitars and amps for everyone. I think the only thing they had that wasn't PRS on stage was the bass stack.

Damn - I have nightmares like that!

Everyone else has nightmares that I show up on time.

Been there...done that!

I've read all about the insane, beautiful guitars on display that people played, etc. But I haven't heard anyone talk about any AMP Demos at the 2016 Experience they may have tried. Specifically, I just saw a picture(from the Official PRS Newsletter) of a gal wearing a set of headphones, playing thru an amp head that was just sitting on a table in front of her.

Does anyone know the Make and Model of the Cabinet Simulator PRS was using in the Amp Demo Tent? Signed, Just Curious.

Not sure what all they had there (didn't stop), but I did see at least one Mesa Boogie Cab Clone. In previous years, they had iso cabinets.

ETA: Yep, Cab Clone in that picture.

Back