2016 Experience Photo & Gossip Thread

Also meant to add one small correction to one of the videos. The guitarist in the Purple Rain video is Mike Scott, not Dez Dickerson.
Thanks. I had stepped out and my sisters n took the camera. Then I uploaded without checking because he told me it was "Prince's guitarist".
I think I have another Simple n McBride clip I can upload, maybe tonight.

Reactions: TFC
thanks to righteous guitars and Guitar USA Music store for feeding my habit at this year's experience
9A4F2AEE-71EF-4286-A024-227E8011068C_zpsaaqdmcrq.jpg

752059CA-5E08-4ACA-BB84-E8D68C50C0C8_zpsbe0q3qpp.jpg

I was not able to purchase the guy holding the guitar. I also had fun with some the forum clan, Al, Jes and a few other who's names I could not remember. And it was awesome to see the forum guitar in person!!!!
Very nice aquisitions! Congrats!

Another great Experience weekend! Truly, those two or three days each year have become just about my favorite days of the year.

First off, thank to everyone who complimented me on my PS build - it truly humbled me to hear that so many people liked it so much, and that so many made a point of coming up to me to tell me. I wanted to bring it down to have at HGI, but since we went to the beach for the first part of the week, I decided to leave it at home rather than have it sit in beach weather. Good thing, too - a couple days were pretty chilly and humid.

Once again, PRSG supplied wonderful music. It seems I discover at least one new artist each year, and this year was no exception with John Hiatt, Boscoe French and Black Stone Cherry. Not to mention the returns of David Grissom, Bernie Marsden, Mike Scott (!) and Simon McBride, and my first chance to see Living Colour live and in person.

But, as always, the highlight was the people I got to spend time with. Admittedly, I've gotten horrible with names (thus the identification thread), so please don't be offended if I leave your name off the list. I saw JD (not Bradshaw), Mike Duncan and Shawn Nuthall, but circumstances didn't allow me to say hi. I missed some of the folks who were at the first night at HGI but not the second - I had something I wanted to ask Jamie, but didn't get to. But to everyone I got to spend some time with, including JustRob and Steven, jfb, vchizzle and Tim (I'm not sure if Tim's on the board or not, but great Tremonti!), Wedge (love the 594 you got), Jamie, 11top, the return of geese_com, dsenoj (another beauty of a 594), rugerpc (who I didn't get enough time with - sorry I didn't sit with you and the Mrs. on Saturday, but we were meeting a couple friends from another music board), billsas513, tosca,veinbuster, toothace... The names I've blanked on or have slipped my mind - Buddy, Pal, Dude (and Mrs. Dude!), My Man, My Main Man, The Man, There's That Awesome Guy, Kid, You Old Kidder You (and his girl)...all of you, thank you for being part of my wonderful weekend and for allowing me to be part of the PRS world. To anyone I missed, again, my apologies. For those who didn't come up and say hey for whatever reason - I don't bite! It's pretty apparent I'm well-fed!

Special kudos to PRSh for having this shindig, and to Bev for all the work she does pulling it all together.

And to all of you who weren't able to make it, I hope our paths cross next year. You were missed.

Forgot this. For the illustrious dsenoj, a special apology to he and Mrs. Jones (and you're all welcome for that mis-lyricized ear worm!). They had the room next to me at HGI and had to suffer with my incessant hacking all weekend. For whatever reason, I can not shake a cough the last 3-4 years, and I had miserable coughing fits all night. So, my deepest apologies.

And I know what you're thinking - wasn't my wife in the same room as me? Yes, she was. And yes, the coughing bothered her, too. But she had a chance to turn me down all those years ago and didn't, so she has to live with her mistake!

Forgot this. For the illustrious dsenoj, a special apology to he and Mrs. Jones (and you're all welcome for that mis-lyricized ear worm!). They had the room next to me at HGI and had to suffer with my incessant hacking all weekend. For whatever reason, I can not shake a cough the last 3-4 years, and I had miserable coughing fits all night. So, my deepest apologies.

And I know what you're thinking - wasn't my wife in the same room as me? Yes, she was. And yes, the coughing bothered her, too. But she had a chance to turn me down all those years ago and didn't, so she has to live with her mistake!
Are you from this area? This area is particularly horrible to people, not just with allergies. Pretty much everyone I know who visits from out of town for any length of time gets sick or so worn down battling allergies and pollution that they might as well call it sick.

I really need to move away. I'm basically allergic to air in this area. (Mold spores being the big one, and since WDC is basically a drained swamp, mold spores are 365 days a year.)

I actually do a little better in Annapolis with the constant wind coming off the water.

Hope you feel better soon.

Damn!!!
He's been talking about my wife and me!!! We've been at the first Autograph Session and I wrote in my post it : (please convince my wife for buying me a 594) and he pleasantly spoke to her until we made a deal, a 594 for a diamond ring!
Here is the picture of the three of us after 5 minutes of dealing :p
https://www.facebook.com/ainara.beldarrain.3/posts/10153933091573110
We had to leave soon so I missed this...
I thought that was probably you when I heard Paul telling the story.

I didn't even hear you Alan. Apparently, HGI has better soundproofing than we thought.

I'm seeing a lot of adjustable stoptails in these pics, and I know the spec for the stoptail S2's is now the adjustable as well... is the new spec for all models the adjustable? Or are they still using the old school one on some as well?
I was talking to John Mann and he said PRS is using the new adjustable stoptail for S2 and core stoptails. I told him that I noticed a similarity between the new PRS stoptails and his new intonable stoptail bridge. He just smiled and said "That's is interesting".

Wow the PRS Experience looks like a wonderful thing. I own a guitar that the previous owner perched at an Experience, I wanna say 2007. Any how, looked like it was alot of fun.

Are you from this area? This area is particularly horrible to people, not just with allergies. Pretty much everyone I know who visits from out of town for any length of time gets sick or so worn down battling allergies and pollution that they might as well call it sick.

I really need to move away. I'm basically allergic to air in this area. (Mold spores being the big one, and since WDC is basically a drained swamp, mold spores are 365 days a year.)

I actually do a little better in Annapolis with the constant wind coming off the water.

Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks. Not from the area, from PA. Funny you mention allergies - I said something about that to my wife while we were at the beach, but it didn't improve after we got home. So it's an antibiotic and a cough suppressant pill. I'm so looking forward to a night without waking up from a coughing fit.

Last edited:
So did I miss Paul introducing the band members on the main stage? Pretty sure it was Mike Ault on the left side,but who was far right, in the blue shirt...in most of the videos?

Back