2016 Experience Photo & Gossip Thread

So Paul was talking about talking to guys who needed their ladies convinced to let them get a guitar, and he said buy them a diamond! Well, my girlfriend and I had that same discussion when we decided to get married...diamond for a Private Stock. So this afternoon in the photo booth, I kept up my end of the deal
Congrats to both of you! It was awesome meeting you two.

Looks like great fun. I really hope to be able to get to one of these!

What I learned this weekend...

PRS still makes some of the greatest guitars on the planet...

PRS Employees are some of the greatest people on the planet...

The members of this forum are incredible...

I still have G.A.S....

Doing shots of Makers Mark from a bottle that has been sitting in the trunk of a very hot car is an "interesting" experience...

412568583.jpg

It was nice to see you and all the other forum guys again. Thanks for the whiskey! It was a close call that it almost got tossed when they were cleaning up the tables.

It was you??? Shades and yellow tee IIRC? If I had known I would have invited a couple of beers :oops:
At the end I felt guilty and didn't buy the guitar but she's getting her ring. In a near future I'll buy a 594, I loved that guitar, but three days ago I bought a SC245 at Carter's Vintage in Nashville and two guitars in three days is pushing too much :p:cool:

Tooth, congratulations to you!!! I forgot it in my previous post ;)

JMintzer, amen to all you've said. Absolutely true!

Yup...Twas me...but seriously, what a great group of people...Forum and PRS folks alike. JMintzer hit the nail on the head! And sounds like your trip has been awesome!

Yeah, sorry for not saying hi to any of you all, I was just feeling very self-conscious surrounded by all this talent. I was wearing the black-on-black PRS T-shirt. I was right in front and to the left in the video of Paul telling the story. It was hilarious, watching him totally work the wives and girlfriends.

I made a thing at the staining table -- I'm really happy with how it turned out:
13322118_10209859438382118_2471623613974765901_n.jpg

13315571_10209858868567873_5800196139615507839_n.jpg
13339501_10209858772125462_2588145113189325302_n.jpg

Last edited:
One interesting thing did come out at the 594 discussion clinic.

It has one of a kind frets for a PRS guitar. They are special ordered/designed tall and then ever so slightly flattened on the crown. They are shipped that way, kinda like a nicely broken in fretboard, but still dead level.

So Paul was talking about talking to guys who needed their ladies convinced to let them get a guitar, and he said buy them a diamond! Well, my girlfriend and I had that same discussion when we decided to get married...diamond for a Private Stock. So this afternoon in the photo booth, I kept up my end of the deal
IMG_1302_zpsguubbjn7.jpg

Congrats! Beautiful new guitar and pretty fiancee, what could be better?

Sorry for my lack of participation in the thread over the weekend. I'll get some pics up here in the next day or so. Nothing fancy, just phone pics. I've been making an effort to just try to enjoy the moment lately. It was great seeing everyone again, I know I saw a few I haven't met. I couldn't remember names on the fly and didn't want to screw it up. I know I look like I could be an a-hole, but next time come say hi. I'm a nice guy even if I don't look it! :D
Did I spy @vchizzle in the PRS facebook Vernon Reid vid?
Very likely. I was pretty close in front on Vernon's side. Hunter and a few other PRS employees were constantly in and out of the tent near. Living Colour was really good. Fun band to see. I had a blast.

Too funny! Stopped by Brian's today and was talking to Cory getting the scoop on the weekend. Me being an old geezer asked about the bands and Cory talked about "In Living Color". I thought nothing about it and then realized, Wait. That is LIVING COLOUR!!!!!!! Vernon Ried! The generation gap just closed! Doug Wimbish and his wife used to live in my home town and you would see this six foot dreaded out woman decked out in bright red leather in the grocery store, almost like an alien. People who did not know were shocked. I'm like, she is a rock star wife, drive through.

Lollers...In Living Color, with Jim Carrey on drums, neh? Didn't J-Lo used to dance for them?

I'm seeing a lot of adjustable stoptails in these pics, and I know the spec for the stoptail S2's is now the adjustable as well... is the new spec for all models the adjustable? Or are they still using the old school one on some as well?

The Morning After

Decided to stop by on our way out of town and get a "morning After" pic at the factory. The only people around were the tent crews taking everything down.

It was great to meet everyone this year...special thanks to JustRob for introducing me to so many of you! And thank you all for the congratulatory words! It was a great weekend all around!
FullSizeRender_zpsktihmgkr.jpg

Did anyone go to the session with Bryan Ewald from 1200-1230? I wonder what he said about the 58/15 vs. 85/15...
Not too much he did a basic lesson on minor scale. He did a better review in the ce session

The Morning After

Decided to stop by on our way out of town and get a "morning After" pic at the factory. The only people around were the tent crews taking everything down.

It was great to meet everyone this year...special thanks to JustRob for introducing me to so many of you! And thank you all for the congratulatory words! It was a great weekend all around!
FullSizeRender_zpsktihmgkr.jpg

Sounds like you had a fantastic weekend, congrats!!!

Back