2015 Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
I know many do not like the politics behind this, but there is a lotta good music on this.
Three hours long, I am 2/3 through it, I DVR'd it from HBO earlier today.

Joan Jett & The Blackhearts were good, the tribute to SRV was fantastic with Stevies older brother playing along with three other guitarists including Gary Clark JR, and some guy who nominated the band he played too and blew me away.
Not sure who he was.

Green Day was inducted, and they rocked too.
Miley Cryrus sure has a foul mouth on her, and wore boots with at least a 6" high sole on them, but she looked hot.

Anyone else catch this over the weekend?

PS, learned how to play When I Come Aound by Green Day while watching them.
I like having a guitar on my lap when watching music shows.

I fell asleep to it on Saturday night/Sunday morning.
I'm a huge Bill Withers fan, glad to see him make it in, and I loved his speech! Joan Jett was pretty cool too.

Watched some more before leaving for work, I was at the part where Ringo was playing the drums and singing.
Green Day was playing along with him.
I am hoping the Paul will get to play his Hofner with him up there for a Beatles song or two.

the tribute to SRV was fantastic with Stevies older brother playing along with three other guitarists including Gary Clark JR, and some guy who nominated the band he played too and blew me away.
Not sure who he was.

That third person was Doyle Bramhall Jr. Yes he is a great guitarist. He is the son of Doyle Bramhall who was in the Chessmen with Jimmie Vaughan and who also co-wrote or arranged some of SRV's hits. Bramhall Jr plays in the same style of SRV (guess because that is who taught him) and is yet another underated Bluesman. The other fella was John Mayer.

Back