2015 PRS P245 Semi Hollow (Black Gold)

Lammey

About a month ago I sold a "Stripped 58" Gold Top, which was my favorite at the time, but my other guitar had more sentimental value, so it was off limits. I knew that I had to take a risk, but didn't really know why I was so adamant about it.

Well now I know why! Got one ordered.

I'll post pictures and review it once I get it. Any P245 fans out there?

About a month ago I sold a "Stripped 58" Gold Top, which was my favorite at the time, but my other guitar had more sentimental value, so it was off limits. I knew that I had to take a risk, but didn't really know why I was so adamant about it.

Well now I know why! Got one ordered.

I'll post pictures and review it once I get it. Any P245 fans out there?

Yep. I've got a P245 Semi Hollow. Dig it!

I have one and I love it but I break strings constantly. Probably once a week I break a string. Problem is with all 6 strings. Not sure where the problem is coming from. I don't break strings on any of my other guitars.

I've recently been culling quite a bit and are down to 5 electrics now, 3 of them PRS: My new 594, my Signature Limited and my P245 Semi-Hollow. These are all awesome. I sold a Custom 22 and SC58 to fund the 594. These three are not going anywhere and I feel I can cover pretty much anything with them. Although I do think a 594 SC would look pretty good next to these though :).

IMG_2302_zps0mmvf30r.jpg

I've recently been culling quite a bit and are down to 5 electrics now, 3 of them PRS: My new 594, my Signature Limited and my P245 Semi-Hollow. These are all awesome. I sold a Custom 22 and SC58 to fund the 594. These three are not going anywhere and I feel I can cover pretty much anything with them. Although I do think a 594 SC would look pretty good next to these though :).

IMG_2302_zps0mmvf30r.jpg
There's a lot of awesome in this picture

I have one and I love it but I break strings constantly. Probably once a week I break a string. Problem is with all 6 strings. Not sure where the problem is coming from. I don't break strings on any of my other guitars.

That's interesting, usually the problem lies with the saddle of the bridge creating enough friction. I'd be curious if this is a common problem with other P245s. I feel for you, that would get frustrating. The Piezo bridges do seem to have a different shaped saddle. What strings are you using?

IMG_2302_zps0mmvf30r.jpg
Got a touch of everything there! I'm a sucker for Charcoal Burst and that 408 even has the V shaped grains too. Then again I've never seen a top as unique as that 594, the burst really showcases the Quilt. And while I'm at it, and this is a thread about P245s, that one looks so dang classy.

6 out of 5 stars, you win sir.

I've been lusting for a P245SH for a while. Should be my next electric guitar. But it will have to wait, too many other bills, past and future, to deal with.

Almost broke down last month on what I thought was great deal, but I held out. With the model discontinued I don't know how lucky I'm going to get when I am finally ready...

I've been lusting for a P245SH for a while. Should be my next electric guitar. But it will have to wait, too many other bills, past and future, to deal with.

Almost broke down last month on what I thought was great deal, but I held out. With the model discontinued I don't know how lucky I'm going to get when I am finally ready...

I hear you on those bills. Just think, the sooner the debts are paid the brighter the future looks for guitar purchasing and beyond.

I think I know which one you're talking about. Was it at Dave's Guitar Shop? Having been made in a two year span and half (if that) of them being Semi Hollows, I'd be curious what the value would do. One thing I observe with PRS is that old models tend to lose their value because PRS is always updating hardware and pickups, you kind of get a sense that the latest-and-greatest is where it's at.

https://imgur.com/gallery/QpA4A

Got it and can't say enough good things. I had owned a Stripped 58 with the two-piece bridge before this, but the single bridge has all the resonance I'd ever expect and I think the semi-hollow adds so much to the feel and attack in general. I was skeptical how the piezo bridge would compare to the brass saddles, but it's perfect. Rings out and sustain very well.

I played through the acoustic pickup first and found so much enjoyment out of it. I used to bring two guitars to church to play electric for Sunday practice and swing over to the Young adult group with the acoustic. This time around I played the P245 for both with great success. Heck, I'd rather play the P245 than my own acoustic and it's a $1,800 Larrivee. Although I'm biased towards electrics.

As an electric, this thing is tight and lively. The 58/15 pickups are beautiful and I finally have a coil split on a singlecut! The volume doesn't dip as I switch to it and it sounds like a Telecaster and is a very usable tone. The piezo blend knob around "6" is there just enough to thicken the tone, while hearing mostly the 58/15s, and is ideal for clean playing. So this blend is actually more a key function than a gimmick. The attack and clarity of chords are accessible anywhere on the neck. I might just strum a full barre chord passed the 12th fret cause I can and it'll sound great!

One last thing, I believe it was described that the neck as a subtle "V" shape and it does, I felt it more down by the headstock end of the neck. It's very very comfortable. I could tell the difference more comparing it to my dad's 2016 McCarty.

I'll leave it at that. Best guitar I've ever played. *mic drop

IMG_2302_zps0mmvf30r.jpg
Fantastic set.

Back