2015 PRS Custom 22 or 2015 Gibson Les Paul Standard

I think someone else said it on here. Go to some guitar stores & play both instruments. Don't be taken in by salesmen. Just see which one speaks to you.

I've just bought a CU24 Floyd. I've had several Les Paul's & PRS'. To be honest with you, the CU isn't really a similar guitar. I think the nearest guitar to an LP is the McCarty.

But if it's your dollars it's your decision chap.

In my humble opinion, I'll take the PRS every time!
With PRS, I know what I'm getting. A superior instrument at a better price!
With Gibson I always thought that it was a great guitar. No more! Their quality control is crap and the guitar itself is overpriced! Gibson now hangs on to their vintage guitar shapes as their selling point. So sad!
I will never sell any of my PRS guitars! I own six for now. That number grows every year!

I'm primarily a PRS player, although I do love my Les Pauls as well. To me they're very different guitars. However, I have absolutely ZERO interest in a 2015 Gibson. I'm not a fan of their changes at all, and they jacked up the prices on already over-priced guitars. If you're looking for a Les Paul, there are about a million better choices than a new 2015. A nice 2013 or 2014 Historic would be a decent place to begin, although there are lots of good ones out there.

Having said that, a Lester and a Custom 22 are VERY different guitars. I'd highly recommend playing a few and deciding what you're really after. I do like Custom 22s, but if you're into Les Pauls, I think you owe it to yourself to try a few different PRS models. Just to name a few, I'd recommend trying a McCarty, a Modern Eagle, a DGT, a Ted McCarty (different from a regular McCarty), and one of the various Singlecut models, such as a SC245, SC58, McCarty Singlecut, etc.

Good luck!

Watch the Youtube link below, all of it if you can, I know it's long but after watching it I think most, who don't like the 2015 Les Pauls, will feel differently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOJ1wr13sHw

I don't know that this video has changed my mind on owning one but it certainly made me want to go try it out.. I fell victim to all of the negative talk about the 15's without ever touching one but in truth I like what was said in the video, I like the coil taps but I don't think I would have a use for the phase reversal, I like that the bridge and nut can be adjusted easily, I like the g force idea, especially in a live setting.. To me it seems like more win than loss overall. The only thing I wonder about is the neck, I tried the asymmetrical neck on a 14 and it felt odd though I am sure that with a little time I could get completely used to it. When it comes time to buy I am definitely going the be giving the standard a very hard look. I have been kicking around 100 guitars for the last couple of months trying to figure out what I wanted, I think I have narrowed it down to a Mark Holcomb and something else, the standard just may be the "something else".

I agree it is over for him. That doesn't mean there is nothing more to say about the comparison.

By al means although my guitar has been purchased and loved more and more each day, I think it's good to still compare and discuss various models by various manufacturers.

Back