2014 Zach Myers upgrades

Alright I'm just seeing this and want to fit my SE ZM with a piezo. I don't know a hell of a lot about this stuff. My understanding is you need a new loadable bridge. TonePros wraparound? Where do I actually get a piezo pickup? Any suggestions on a good one?

I got the graphtech kit of eBay, cheapest options I found. Graphtech makes bridge assembles too. I also got mine on eBay.

awesome, have only to tweak the trim pot for the acoustic vol to balance it with the mag pickups. no issue with any of the components. Actually will be taking it to a luthier friend of mine. he wants to duplicate the mod in a possible build for himself.

if your feeling adventurous, get the bridge of your liking and mod it to accept the ghost saddles. I did not feel like drilling holes in a bridge myself.

Weight question

Wow... I love that mod! I have a question... I hurt my back last year and had 3 back surgeries since, I haven't played guitar for months and just started picking it up again. I play a Les Paul, almost 10 lbs, it's too much for me so I need to find something else. After looking all over the internet, I think a PRS SE Zach Myers is probably the closest I can find in playing style... however... how much do they weigh on average? I need something that's light enough with a 24.5 scale... are there any other guitars that would do the trick?

Weight question

Wow... I love that mod! I have a question... I hurt my back last year and had 3 back surgeries since, I haven't played guitar for months and just started picking it up again. I play a Les Paul, almost 10 lbs, it's too much for me so I need to find something else. After looking all over the internet, I think a PRS SE Zach Myers is probably the closest I can find in playing style... however... how much do they weigh on average? I need something that's light enough with a 24.5 scale... are there any other guitars that would do the trick?

I have 3 LP Studio's - they are WAY heavier than my PRS ZM ... it's very noticeable. As you're worried about weight, the ZM would be a great choice - super light guitar.

Back