2014 Zach Myers upgrades

so here is a pic of the ghost bridge. just a dry fit with the metric post from the customer service folks at graphtech. After searching the site, i am thinking of how to wire this thing. All the stuff I have seen uses master v/t for mag and piezo vol. Nothing with separate vol for mags , master tone and piezo vol. I sent graphtech tech support an email for help. I have to say the stock setup is awesome. These pickups sound great. the neck gives of this very jazzy tone. Still in the honey moon phase!!!

At the moment I feel no rush to do anything to this beauty!!!
IMG_1146_zps7bc22f43.jpg

Last edited:
I have a Private Stock set up with a Graph Tech with separate Mag and Piezo Volumes. I found that the acoustic sound doesn't really need a tone control. It really sounds good through acousticphonic board.

Have you reviewed the 76 page installation manual? There are a lot of good ideas in there. http://www.graphtech.com/docs/default-document-library/ghost-installation-manual.pdf?sfvrsn=2
I have it, went thru it a few times. I do not plan to use a tone control for piezo. What i don't see is how to do it with 2 separate vols for mags. The instructions say to change to a master vol and tone for mags. this would leave me with a pot with no function. maybe i put quick select toggle in that spot. This would eliminate the need to drill hole for it.

IMG_1146_zps7bc22f43.jpg

Anxious to see the finished results of this. Seriously considering the mod myself. May even buy a 2nd ZM to do it with different pickups.

I have it, went thru it a few times. I do not plan to use a tone control for piezo. What i don't see is how to do it with 2 separate vols for mags. The instructions say to change to a master vol and tone for mags. this would leave me with a pot with no function. maybe i put quick select toggle in that spot. This would eliminate the need to drill hole for it.
I am thinking may be you'd want to look at a DGT wiring scheme. Two mag volume pots and take the jack hotwire off the three way switch into acoustaphonic. I am not sure that will work, but that might be something to look at.

Last edited:
Chris, Dancing Frog-- here is the quick switch in spot bridge tone pot was. If i do this, i would follow manual instructions. What do you guys think of it's placement.
IMG_1147_zpsfeaed20b.jpg

Last edited:
So, i finished the mod just a few minutes ago. I decided to keep the stock pickups in for now, cause they sound so good. The ME will go in at some point. I decided to notch the bridge pickup ring for now to see how I like having the piezo option. Did not want to drill a hole under bridge until I know I wanted to keep the piezo.

First impression--WOW the piezo rocks!!!. I love the mid/dark push-push option. The dark selection really adds some bass to the pickups and make me want to learn some jazz songs. I will still need more play time to check out all the sounds I just added.

Would I recommend this upgrade :top: YES

Ok, pics
this one is a shot of the cavity. what you don't see yet is the leads from the bridge. I took pics before final bridge connections.
D9CEEE3E-F9D7-4BCE-B724-C14A5700A6A8_zpsthxyabex.jpg

Shot of the circuit board, the trim pot is for matching vol with mag pickups. did not have to adjust!!!
E5C56AB5-8379-4D55-9BE8-92FEEE25EBCB_zpso7rfgop0.jpg

battery placement and quick switch for pickup selection
583553B9-72E0-4130-A47A-D272F26E8819_zpsvv03jwy8.jpg

The bridge with leads heading into notch in bridge pickup ring
B3C22224-D9CA-42BE-8DEC-1406137C65FF_zpsk4ctgkvh.jpg

shot of the front
A2A80C62-35A6-4207-B7C9-9235B8953C80_zps4ou5h2th.jpg

One must do, is to have nut slots widened for 10's

Last edited:
So, i finished the mod just a few minutes ago. I decided to keep the stock pickups in for now, cause they sound so good. The ME will go in at some point. I decided to notch the bridge pickup ring for now to see how I like having the piezo option. Did not want to drill a hole under bridge until I know I wanted to keep the piezo.

First impression--WOW the piezo rocks!!!. I love the mid/dark push-push option. The dark selection really adds some bass to the pickups and make me want to learn some jazz songs.
Yes, it does. ;)

Where's the summing board? Under the treble pick up?

Well done, Wardog.. nice job!
Now let me hear some audio clip...
I'm glad for my hint about metric posts, i see that's perfectly working!
If i well understood, is not possible swap only the saddles and leave the stock bridge, because the holes under the factory bridge are too much small for the black plastic connectors on the six piezo wires?

If i well understood, is not possible swap only the saddles and leave the stock bridge, because the holes under the factory bridge are too much small for the black plastic connectors on the six piezo wires?
Correct!!! I will see about a audio clip. I have yet to try doing this. I thing sound cloud is what folks use correct?

Last edited:
Excellent work with the piezo Wardog!!! You really knocked it out of the park. Those leads going to the pickup cavity look neat and clean enough to leave as is, IMO, if the alternative is drilling a hole in the top. Can't wait to hear it! Now you've got me contemplating doing the same...

Excellent work with the piezo Wardog!!! You really knocked it out of the park. Those leads going to the pickup cavity look neat and clean enough to leave as is, IMO, if the alternative is drilling a hole in the top. Can't wait to hear it! Now you've got me contemplating doing the same...
Thanks andy. I agree with you on the leads.

I'm either doing this to mine or getting another one and doing it.
DO IT!!!!!

Here is a quick/rough demo of the piezo pickups, this is my first use of sound cloud.

this was done on a Yamaha THR10 so not the best of amps to demo on, but what i have to work with. Set to acoustic setting

goes
1. pzo in dark vol opt
2. pzo in mid vol opt

pzo set to dark
3. pzo + neck mag
4. pzo +both mag
5. pzo + bridge mag

pzo set to mid--brighter sound
6. pzo + neck mag
7. pzo +both mag
8. pzo + bridge mag

9. pzo dark opt
10. pzo mid opt

If there is a better riff I can play to demo pickups with let me know!!!
https://soundcloud.com/wcureton/prs-zm-se-ghost-piezo-system-1

Last edited:
Back