2014 Zach Myers upgrades

I would guess this should go into the se model thread, but this is a SE Zach Myers Upgrade thread, right!!!

ok, think evil doctor music in the back ground.

We have the parts finally

AADED272-D24A-49DB-B10D-7B584C83D1B3_zpsrbcocmhp.jpg

C8949A4B-07F3-4319-A769-2BA3B8CF0EAC_zps8cfhjeus.jpg

FC179861-8382-4A95-95FB-5DB7C251A031_zpslvhrh5vk.jpg

9E2988DF-BD94-453E-8B71-EA6C50C5544A_zpsgfnb83d3.jpg

Now I need to dig up a body!!!! To be continued!!!!! insert evil doctor laugh-----NOW

I would guess this should go into the se model thread, but this is a SE Zach Myers Upgrade thread, right!!!

ok, think evil doctor music in the back ground.

We have the parts finally

AADED272-D24A-49DB-B10D-7B584C83D1B3_zpsrbcocmhp.jpg

C8949A4B-07F3-4319-A769-2BA3B8CF0EAC_zps8cfhjeus.jpg

FC179861-8382-4A95-95FB-5DB7C251A031_zpslvhrh5vk.jpg

9E2988DF-BD94-453E-8B71-EA6C50C5544A_zpsgfnb83d3.jpg

Now I need to dig up a body!!!! To be continued!!!!! insert evil doctor laugh-----NOW

Ah, you're gonna do it, sweet!!! Really looking forward to this one reaching completion. Including seeing how those covered pup's look installed, which ones are they?

You have the axe on order?

Is that bridge a direct replacement? I've been seriously thinking of installing the graphtech ghost piezo system on mine as well.

Ah, you're gonna do it, sweet!!! Really looking forward to this one reaching completion. Including seeing how those covered pup's look installed, which ones are they?

You have the axe on order?
Guitar will arrive tomorrow!!!!!! The pickups are ME, I scored on ebay. I plan to use the ME wiring as well but modded for a bridge v, neck v, master tone. I will use the ghost vol pot for the acoustic volume, it also has a mid/dark push/push feature :dancing:. I also got the mag, both, piezo toggle that will be routed for as well. YES, THIS WILL BE A KEEPER.

Is that bridge a direct replacement? I've been seriously thinking of installing the graphtech ghost piezo system on mine as well.
I will let you know tomorrow when the body arrives. I awesome there maybe a tweak that would be needed, since the oversea stuff is usually metric. Since we doe not have any measurements to go on for the ZM se, I am hoping it is a direct drop in. Also, with the se bridge being nickel; i should be able to use the bridge studs along with the graph tech bridge(nickel also).

I will have a honeymoon period with it stock of course. I plan to work with the GC luthier to do the routing for the bridge leads. He is awesome. makes his own bass guitars (Shawn May basses ). GC is his day job for now!!!

Last edited:
I have been playing my semi-solid guitar with full sized Seymour Duncan pickups - a JB bridge and '59 neck, both nickel covered.

I have played it cranked up relatively loud thru my Marshall DSL100H into my two by twelve Avatar Vintage cab with twin Eminence Swamp Thang speakers, with zero feedback. This guitar has two "f" holes. It sounds super great.

I would not worry about the Zack Myers SE feeding back at high volume, based just on my own experience with my semi-solid hot humbucking guitar thru the crunch channel on my Marshall.

I really want to get one of these. I need to put a plan together.

Last edited:
Guitar will arrive tomorrow!!!!!! The pickups are ME, I scored on ebay. I plan to use the ME wiring as well but modded for a bridge v, neck v, master tone. I will use the ghost vol pot for the acoustic volume, it also has a mid/dark push/push feature :dancing:. I also got the mag, both, piezo toggle that will be routed for as well. YES, THIS WILL BE A KEEPER.

I will let you know tomorrow when the body arrives. I awesome there maybe a tweak that would be needed, since the oversea stuff is usually metric. Since we doe not have any measurements to go on for the ZM se, I am hoping it is a direct drop in. Also, with the se bridge being nickel; i should be able to use the bridge studs along with the graph tech bridge(nickel also).

I will have a honeymoon period with it stock of course. I plan to work with the GC luthier to do the routing for the bridge leads. He is awesome. makes his own bass guitars (Shawn May basses ). GC is his day job for now!!!

Nice!!! I've been thinking about what to do for pickups in mine, I was at a toss up between just putting covers on, or getting a set of something PRS... now kind of considering a set of DGT's...

YEAH, my Santana whale blue faded showed up today!!!! :eek:

Wait, dang that's just the box, Brain guitar's you got me!!!!!

So, the victim has arrived in great condition via UPS. currently resting in the music/man cave. Pics forth coming!!!

First impression, the neck is awesome. Like Duffy stated, the neck has been sanded, and they used sanding paper. You say, "How does he know". Well there is a piece in the F-hole!!!:confused: Not sure how that was missed. Maybe i can sell it on eBay?

The flame is Awesome. As I move the guitar back and forth in the like, i am amazed by how great it looks. Very nice and book matched very well. The clear knobs look very nice as will. I will try the amber ones later to see what vibe it throws.

As for the ghost bridge--dimensions like very good, worst case, i will be able to use the stock bridge posts and studs in case the ghost are to small.

For now I plan to tuner her up and check her out with OEM purity. The honey moon starts -----NOW

EDIT: GC need to step up their game. First time I have gotten a SE from outside of GC and to get a gigbag and bag candy for this price is more than a deal. IT IS PURE AWESOMENESS. (yes i really like the word AWESOME, it sounds so, you know-- AWESOME).

Last edited:
Guitar Center is a joke...I've spent thousands with them, and nobody even speaks to me when I come in. Nor, half the time, even know what pups are in the guitar, if it comes with case, etc. I buy everything from Sweetwater now. Great customer service.

YEAH, my Santana whale blue faded showed up today!!!! :eek:

Wait, dang that's just the box, Brain guitar's you got me!!!!!

So, the victim has arrived in great condition via UPS. currently resting in the music/man cave. Pics forth coming!!!

First impression, the neck is awesome. Like Duffy stated, the neck has been sanded, and they used sanding paper. You say, "How does he know". Well there is a piece in the F-hole!!!:confused: Not sure how that was missed. Maybe i can sell it on eBay?

The flame is Awesome. As I move the guitar back and forth in the like, i am amazed by how great it looks. Very nice and book matched very well. The clear knobs look very nice as will. I will try the amber ones later to see what vibe it throws.

As for the ghost bridge--dimensions like very good, worst case, i will be able to use the stock bridge posts and studs in case the ghost are to small.

For now I plan to tuner her up and check her out with OEM purity. The honey moon starts -----NOW

EDIT: GC need to step up their game. First time I have gotten a SE from outside of GC and to get a gigbag and bag candy for this price is more than a deal. IT IS PURE AWESOMENESS. (yes i really like the word AWESOME, it sounds so, you know-- AWESOME).

Haha! Sorry about the label on the box my man - we do our best to reuse :)
Glad the guitar arrived safely, the flame on that one is great. ENJOY!

Haha! Sorry about the label on the box my man - we do our best to reuse :)
Glad the guitar arrived safely, the flame on that one is great. ENJOY!
Flametastic!!!!!
3F2DCC0D-7834-432B-A8BB-D6EE2046937B_zpseoga7kr4.jpg

1705E0C1-9971-48BE-95E3-A63BE58EA1CA_zps0affaq2c.jpg

9697A6D4-A27D-4DFA-ABD7-2A336E47CD9D_zpsuhse53bo.jpg

Necklicious
In different lighting the color goes from a light bright green to a nice forest green. Very happy with this guitar!!!!!

Last edited:
Congrats! Looks great!

At least I think it does. Had my eyes dilated today so everything looks like a Sergio photo. Can't wait to see the upgrades.

Hey, can you do us all a favor when you get in there and see if the bridge is the Tonepros or PRS design? If it's the TP, it'll say AVT-II on the bottom. I assumed it was the TP at first glance , but starting to think it isn't now...

Hey, can you do us all a favor when you get in there and see if the bridge is the Tonepros or PRS design? If it's the TP, it'll say AVT-II on the bottom. I assumed it was the TP at first glance , but starting to think it isn't now...
It says nothing on the bottom of the bridge. and the post are metric and the ghost bridge is US. I tried to remove the studs and DAMN those things are in there good. I will leave it to the luthier i have doing the routing to get them out. I wanted to do a dry fit on the bridge and was halted by the stock studs

The ghost has a 12 radius, i assume the stock is 10. should just be a need to play with post height, since the ghost saddle can not be filed

Last edited:
It says nothing on the bottom of the bridge. and the post are metric and the ghost bridge is US. I tried to remove the studs and DAMN those things are in there good.

Hello Wardog, cool guitar! Before you take off the studs, take a look on the Graphtech site: "Our Resomax Wraparound bridges currently ship with imperial posts and bushings. However a metric option is available upon special request (contact [email protected]).
*Typically North American made instruments are equipped with imperial, and International made instruments are equipped with metric posts and bushings.

Back