2014 Custom 24 Wood Library FRET Purchase Questions

N9NU-9

Master of All Things
Hi

I bought a new 2014 Custom 24 Wood Library Artists Package with Brazilian rosewood, hybrid pick-up's (57/08 & 59/09) and gold hardware from Wild West Guitars in Hollywood, CA. and have a few questions.

I posted about this guitar just before I bought it to get some opinions and wanted to follow up on that.

First of all; it rocks. PERIOD. My favorite one so far.

Previously I bought a 2007 PRS SE Paul Allender (first version) and was told that I could purchase a 3rd party Graphtech TUSQ nut which was a higher quality part as well as Graphtech PRS String Saver Saddles in gold and went ahead and bought both.

Does anyone recommend to do the same 'upgrades' for my new 24? I should not that I am not experiencing any issues at all.

My 2nd question: I am deciding on what fret material to get for an upcoming replacement. I am looking at the following and would like some input.

JESCAR EVO GOLD FRETWIRE FW57110-EVO ELECTRIC JUMBO PRE-RADIUSED

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

• Jescar EVO Gold Fretwire #FW57110-EVO
  • EVO Gold is harder and tougher to work with than nickel silver fretwire (not recommended for the beginner)
  • Jumbo Electric guitar size
  • 2 3/4"(69.85mm) wide(usable width is approx. 2 5/8"(66.675mm))
  • 25 frets pre-radiused
  • No need for a fretwire bender - **custom radiusing available if requested before ordering**
  • Crown width: .110" (2.79mm) Crown Height: .057" (1.45mm)
  • Recommended for slot width of .023"
  • Please be sure to check size before ordering - (7.5" - 16")
I have never used the gold wire before and was just wondering if anyone knew anything about this and how happy they were with them. I have the appropriate tools and knowledge and replaced frets on my other models for several years now.

Does anyone recommend against the EVO Gold and if so, what would be most appropriate (nickel silver or stainless steel)

The price is ~ $24.00 for the 25 piece kit. It says they are pre-radiused, making it easier as well.

Tnx guys

Tim
ARS N9NU
n9nu 'at' digital-audio-pro [dot] us

custom24-2.jpg
C

Last edited by a moderator:
Your 2014 has all the good stuff on it already :) TUSQ ( IMHO ) would not be an upgrade for a core model PRSi

Back