2014 Custom 24 guitars- a query.

Dan-d-1985

Perpetual lurker
Hi folks, can anyone clear up something I wasn't to clear on with the new range info:

The 2014 cu24 spec page says neck profile as pattern reg.

Does this mean that reg is the only profile that will be offered soon and the thin will be stopped unless I go the artist pack route?

Or am I just being stupid here (more likely).

I am NOT liking this Pattern thing. In fact, I don't like the new pattern PRS is taking with the neck carve ~~~

SAME!!!
I don't like the WFs but I LOVE the WTs.
Got a Studio a couple years ago with the PT and...meh.
Seems like a middle of the road, try to please everyone but actually make not many happy thing to me. Kinda like rear-end gearing that is KINDA ok for 1/4mile and gave a DECENT top end but that is not GREAT at either.
It seemed that people who loved the '50s Gibby profiles found the old WF to be...not fat ENOUGH and while not Ibanez thin, those of us with the WT carves, LOVED them.

I realize that a lot of people who used to say WF wasn't fat enough now say they LOVE the Pattern family but as a guy who didn't like the beefy feel of the WF carves I remember clearly all thee posts saying WF wasn't fat enough cause I always went :-O. It happened a LOT.

I even think that the availability of the old carves is one thing that makes the SEs so popular. I know I LOVE the WT carve on my Tremonti SE Custom. It's a big part of why it is my #1 stage axe and why I bought it.
In fact, I was just playing my old CE24 ('94) last night for the first time in about a year. Now that thing has a THIN neck! God it's AWESOME.

NO idea why PRS would go and dump the WT and WF carves. I absolutely NEVER heard people say...yeah the WF is nice but it's too WF and the WT is nice but it's TOO WT! I wish PRS would make carves that are wishy-washy, that all fall in between the old WT and WF carves.
Might as well just offer one carve that hopefully pleases EVERYONE!
Yeah...AINT gonna happen.

You don't go buy a performance car and ask for: I'd like an engine that isn't powerful but burns a lot of gas. I don't want slicks or low profile tires I want all season radials on 15s. I'd like just a single 1" exhaust that then Ys into 2 tailpipes...put a cheap muffler on it...I'll just poke some holes in it. I'd like buckets but not comfy ones and seatbelts? Sure but just lapbelts please. Tranny? Just one speed please. Medium. AC? Ummm..well sure...IF it can ALWAYS be on and maintaining a temp of 52F please...you know...not nice and warm and a little too cold to be comfy.

PRS!!! You are NOT building guitars for Goldilocks. You are building performance machines. We don't WANT mediocre or blah or in between. We want AWESOMENESS! Does your military have only one type of airplane or ship that does it all? NO!

Rant complete.
Signed, a lover of the OLD carves and those available on the SEs and NOT a lover of the Pattern family.
My Studio loves it though. It gets SO much time off. :-(

PS. No..I don't HATE the PT carve on the Studio but it aint no WT.

Back