2013 Thank You Event and Experience Sweepstakes

Well that sucks! I bought my guitar two months too early. Oh well. I'm going to put my name in for the Experience Sweepstakes though.

FOR CANADIAN RESIDENTS: Before being declared a winner, a selected entrant who is a resident of Canada must correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a mathematical skill-testing question which will be administered at a mutually convenient time by Sponsor or its agent.

What's up with the pop algebra quiz if you're a Canadian? Is this a PRS thing or something Canada does to keep people from playing sweepstakes for a living?

FOR CANADIAN RESIDENTS: Before being declared a winner, a selected entrant who is a resident of Canada must correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a mathematical skill-testing question which will be administered at a mutually convenient time by Sponsor or its agent.

What's up with the pop algebra quiz if you're a Canadian? Is this a PRS thing or something Canada does to keep people from playing sweepstakes for a living?
It is a Canadian law. Some twisted mind decided long long ago that people couldn't be given something for nothing. However, if they demonstrate some skill, they can 'win' anything.

Some creative online searching turned up the math question for our Canadian friends:

If a 408 leaves Mississauga heading east at 62 kilometers per hour, and a 513 leaves Dildo* heading west at 47 kilometers per hour, how many members of the Kids In The Hall would do guest shots on that week's "Rick Mercer Show"?

Very cool of PRS to do this again! Time to consider adding another to the stable...

Alan,
How long did it take you to get your strings? (and how close are you to Maryland?!?)

Just wondering - I have ALOT of sets of strings due to me!

Last edited:
2-3 weeks, I think. I got the guitar at the beginning of June, but I didn't send the form in right away.

And Maryland and I aren't really close any more, we just keep up appearances for the kids.

Oh, you meant geographically... :vroam:

I'm in western PA - about 4.5 hours from the factory. Which is about 4.4 hours too many!

AA76DF25-8900-4950-A878-3431E259AF84-6573-00000308FE51CD85_zps0772cd70.jpg

Well, I think I finally have received all my free strings from the 2013 Thank You Package!

Not counting 24 sets that I sold, this is what I have now. I wish I would have gotten a lot more of the DGT sets and less of the .10's now though - I'm LOVING my 3 DGT guitars and the DGT strings on them!

Back