2013 Forum Foosball Throwdown

]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

Zombie Zero, DFZ
X:pRS:2013 is rapidly approaching. It's time to start planning the...

FORUM
FOOSBALL
THROWDOWN
(DOWN... down...
down...)

Fire_explosion_rock_7917.jpg

Action Items:

The following is event open to forum members only. You need to attend the 2013 Experience if you're going to play. The role of Game Commissioner can be accomplished from anywhere in the world.

1) Teams - You have one week to find a teammate, declare your team name, and announce your team members (in this thread). The window closes at 10PM (MST) on Wednesday, the 3rd of July. Only two people per team. If your teammate fails to show... you're a one-man-show. M'wahahahahaha...

2) Game Commissioner - I am looking for a volunteer to play this role. It needs to be someone with the right skill-set and ability to maintain the brackets/leader-board in this thread throughout the 2-day tournament. This person will need to find a backup (co-commissioner) to help maintain continuity of operations should the lead man fall, fail, or just need a hand accomplishing the task.

I would like to see a 2-day schedule to break it up. We don't want to miss the action planned by Paul. Plus... we need time to trash talk after the 1st day.

The Game Controller may not play in the tournament.

3) Referees - Referees should attend the games in person. The Game Commissioner should schedule Refs against specific games to keep communication clear. Referees have one week to sign up (in this thread). I don't know how many we'll need so lets shoot for 4. The window to sign up as a ref closes at 10PM (MST) on Wednesday, the 3rd of July - or when we have 4 Refs - whichever comes first. The Referees shall be responsible for agreeing on and posting official rules by the 17th of September. A copy of the rules is to be maintained, in hard copy, while the tourney is underway. There is one rule that MUST apply and cannot be changed by anyone - not even the Tournament Director... NO SPINNING!

Referees may not play in the tournament.

4) Master of Ceremonies - I am looking for a volunteer to play this role. The MC's job is simple. Be present for all games and help get the crowd involved. If you wanna be the MC, put your name in the hat. The window closes at 10PM (MST) on Wednesday, the 3rd of July. The MC's job requires some social skills so that role will be decided by popular vote. The Tournament Director will set up the poll after the 4th of July. The polls will be open for 3 days.

The MC may not play in the tournament.

5) Tournament Director (TurD) - This volunteer will take ownership of the entire event (including this thread) and make sure all the cogs are turning in unison. The TurD shall be responsible for communicating with all Foosball Tourney volunteers and documenting them, by name and role, in a single post within this thread. The TurD is individually responsible for proof-reading the brackets (as built by the Game Commissioner) and notifying players and refs of their time slot. The TurD is individually responsible for resolving all problems, as they arise, and generally making sure everything goes well. The MC is the Deputy TurD (McTurD).

The TurD may not play in the tournament.

Fine Print
I own this thread and the fate of the event until a TurD has been selected and his/her name has been posted
right here -----> [RugerPC]. Once that happens, I'm stepping away. :D

PS: Jesse should design t-shirts. My pal Rocki is our t-shirt source. She does all the PRS shirts too.

Last edited:
As defending Champions, Hans and I will be taking on all challangers. Team name TBA

I see the window is about to close so I need to pick a team name.

The Show

Last edited:
Your asses are going down. I spent my teenage years in "places" with nothing but time, and nothing to do BUT play foosball or spades. And I HATE playing spades.

Who needs a teamate? I can play goal or front. Doesn't matter. Who's ever on the other side will regret they ever stepped in front on me on a foosball table! The insides of my wrists will be purple and blue with victory!

Awww ****, I can't go to Experience this year. You guys are just lucky.

OK. It's not like I have a business to run and a wedding to plan or anything like that.

I'll be the TurD.

Congratulations Bill, you're officially the TurD. :D

Now I can tun my attention to the workout regimen best suited for complete foosball domination!

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;83119 said:
That's why we have the no-spinning rule. Those kids almost kicked our butt! :D
Hmmm, I swear I remember you and Shawn losing.... :D
7996709544_e8a88a06f6_b.jpg

Shawn kind appears to have just launched a giant spin move here. Rather entertaining time either way, even if Hans and Shawn's recollection is iffy :)

This post reserved for Official TurD Droppings...

Game Commissioner:

Referees:

Master of Ceremonies (McTurD):

Tournament Director (TurD):
rugerpc (Bill)

T Shirts:
jfb (Jesse)

Teams:
1. "Agents of Orange"
]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! © (Hans)
Shawn@PRS (Shawn)

2. "The First Place Champions"
sergiodeblanc (Sergio)
JustRob (Rob)

3. "Angrier than Larry"
Tosca
(the missing man)

4. "No-Name Nancys"
alantig (Alan)
vchizzle (Vaughn)

5. "Squeedly Goateedly"
QueenCityGuitars (Bryan)
Danerada

6. "Late To The Party"
tcb37 (Tom)
Daniel

We also still need someone to be the Game Commissioner and work the schedule and Master of Ceremonies and Referees:.

image.jpg

Shirt ordering is closed :(

http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthread.php?5862-Foosball-Throw-Down-Shirt-Taking-Orders-Now-Details-Inside

Last edited:
For the record, I'm probably the worst foosball player ever. Those kids would've probably kicked my a$$. "Spinning" is probably my only technique...and even that is 98% inaccurate. :creep:

Hmmm, I swear I remember you and Shawn losing.... :D
7996709544_e8a88a06f6_b.jpg

Shawn kind appears to have just launched a giant spin move here. Rather entertaining time either way, even if Hans and Shawn's recollection is iffy :)

Those pesky kids don't count! :)

PS, this particular photo was a huge motivating factor for me to lose 25 lbs.. The gut and moobs are now gone!

Someone should be designated to grab water or soft drinks for Bill during the tournament. We don't want the TurD to get flushed.

What the heck - much like marriage, I'm in if anyone's desperate enough to have me.

I've said it before... Dart... Boards.

A sport requiring beer with a good risk of injury to everyone... Besides, Hans beat me too badly at foosball, my ego can't handle another beat down like that.

Check out Nuthall's game face. Those rotten little kids were the best trash-talkers of the night. We had a blast.

Click the pic.

Foosball2012_zps4ddb6af9.jpg

Is there actually another way of playing, other than spinning?????????????????????????????????????????
I think 'spinning' is different from doing a victory 'pirouette', which is totally acceptable. Your interpretive jazz dance lessons will finally come in handy, Markie. :dancing:

I think 'spinning' is different from doing a victory 'pirouette', which is totally acceptable. Your interpretive jazz dance lessons will finally come in handy, Markie. :dancing:

Not to mention the Prancersizing.

Back