2013 Forum Foosball Throwdown

By the way, I'd like to be the first to request drug testing for all foosball throwdown participants next year.

By doing this now, that gives us almost a year to line up the drugs and figure out how to split them...

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;103129 said:
I confess... we were WAY down in the 2nd game. We had to take a time out, huddle, and define a new strategy. Sleeby brought his schtuph (as usual) and was like an iron curtain. It was impossible to get a kill shot from the defensive position. We started moving the ball into our offensive position for all kill shots and came back to win the second game as well.

It was a glorious victory. Mostly because Sleeby is a bona fide foosball bad-ass.

I wouldn't call watching as I let the ball roll slowly into the goal a kill shot. BTW, it just occured to me that no one ever called "time in". :laugh:

Yup.

The de facto standard if you're in the USA is the Tornado T3000 coin-op. Any major city should have them available, but small town bars might not get enough foosball players to justify the expense.

As much as I've always loved the game it's a niche thing and becoming more so. I have a decent table and know how to cook so we do foosball every Thursday at my place. We have some of the best and worst players in the state mixing it up together. To keep the focus on fun rather than winning we play "loser ball" where the winners take the walk and the losers stay on the table.

The whole loser ball thing met major resistance with the people who were addicted to winning at first. Within a few months tho it went from friends constantly arguing about stupid **** to friends constantly laughing about that same stupid **** :)

If you're really interested in doing it right with a Tornado table get a hold of Charles Mackintosh at TornadoFoosball.com and he can point you in the right direction. Your bar can probably lease one but there are also players who buy tables to put in bars just for the quarters and to keep the scene going.

Odd that you joined a guitar forum to ask a question about foosball in a five year old thread but wth, I'll run with it.

Good luck :)

rDTA3uV.jpg

I’d like to see who thinks they have what it takes to step to The First Place Champions 2013-present.
I wasn't around when this thread happened, so I don't even know who the old "champs" are. However, if you guys want to do Football, I'm in.

I was kinda thinking the same thing (?????) ...But, anywhooo, any chance of there being a table at the next Experience???
Was a blast as an observer. Might try to join in. Besides, Jesse does the best T-shirts, and My wife says she's tired of seeing the blue Forum T's!!!!

I appreciate the kind words. And, I promise <crosses fingers> next year the shirt will not have blue variant.

I appreciate the kind words. And, I promise <crosses fingers> next year the shirt will not have blue variant.

What!?!?!?! I don’t think Sergio is gonna be happy about that design decision.

Reactions: jfb
Back