2013 Forum Foosball Throwdown

You boys had better bring some Tylenol. The Agents of Orange are about to bring the pain.

Bring_It2_zps65c3ed5e.jpg

Last edited:
]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;95434 said:
So where's the Official TurD? Still on his honeymoon, I hope.

The TurD has returned like a bad... wait... what could be worse??

Players without partners yet:
QueenCityGuitars (Bryan)
Daniel
tcb37 (Tom)
Danerada

OK yous guys without partners - it's time to put up or wuss out - COMMIT!!
Alan and Vaughn - you need a team name or I will dub you "Nancy and Nancy".
We also still need someone to be the Game Commissioner and work the schedule and Master of Ceremonies.

Edit : See post 10 for the latest.

Last edited:
I could have sworn 3-Mike signed up as the MC. No?

3-Mike?

Also, QueenCity is a ringer so pair him with someone who has never played so the rest of us have a chance.

The TurD has returned like a bad... wait... what could be worse??

Anywho, the system is not letting me edit the Official TurD Droppings post on the first page, so your update is here:

Game Commissioner:

Referees:
dblack25 (can be bought, wink wink)

Master of Ceremonies (McTurD):

Tournament Director (TurD):
rugerpc (Bill)

T Shirts:
jfb (Jesse)

Teams:
1. "Agents of Orange"
]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! © (Hans)
Shawn@PRS (Shawn)

2. "The First Place Champions"
sergiodeblanc (Sergio)
JustRob (Rob)

3. "Angrier than Larry"
Tosca
dblack25

4. "TBA"
alantig (Alan)
vchizzle (Vaughn)

Players without partners yet:
QueenCityGuitars (Bryan)
Daniel
tcb37 (Tom)
Danerada

OK yous guys without partners - it's time to put up or wuss out - COMMIT!!
We also still need someone to be the Game Commissioner and work the schedule and Master of Ceremonies.

I thought Vaughn had already submitted our name - if not, go ahead, Vaughn.

Had my first training session tonight. Did not go well.

OK, there are a few problems to work out. We have neither an MC nor a Game Commissioner. That means we have no schedule, no rules and no one to announce either.

The schedule is problematic. There are events that people want to see and I have no idea what events which people just can't miss.

The best I can do is to create a J-Ladder which I will try to reproduce at XPRS13 somehow. I propose double elimination to rule out freakishly good (and poor) performances. I'll post the J-Ladder shortly.

The other problem is that Alan and Vaughn faile to name their team, so as the Official TurD, I shall name them: "No-Name Nancys".

I'm assigning teams to the 4 players who failed to team up.

Queen City Guitars will team with Daniel for no particular reason. Their team name is: "The Procrastinators."

tcb37 will team with Danerada and their team name is "Late To The Party."

Objections to the pairing on the J-ladder and/or team names will be entertained by the TurD following the submission of a 'brisket sandwich and coke' evaluation fee.

I thought Vaughn had already submitted our name - if not, go ahead, Vaughn.
Had my first training session tonight. Did not go well.

Oh no, you're practicing!???! Well, sorry I dropped the ball...I didn't get a reply from you so I didn't submit anything.

OK, there are a few problems to work out. We have neither an MC nor a Game Commissioner. That means we have no schedule, no rules and no one to announce either.

The schedule is problematic. There are events that people want to see and I have no idea what events which people just can't miss.

The best I can do is to create a J-Ladder which I will try to reproduce at XPRS13 somehow. I propose double elimination to rule out freakishly good (and poor) performances. I'll post the J-Ladder shortly.

The other problem is that Alan and Vaughn faile to name their team, so as the Official TurD, I shall name them: "No-Name Nancys".

I'm assigning teams to the 4 players who failed to team up.

Queen City Guitars will team with Daniel for no particular reason. Their team name is: "The Procrastinators."

tcb37 will team with Danerada and their team name is "Late To The Party."

Objections to the pairing on the J-ladder and/or team names will be entertained by the TurD following the submission of a 'brisket sandwich and coke' evaluation fee.
I was gonna suggest "The Unnamed", I somehow missed your last post. I suppose I've been called worse than Nancy before.

Last edited:
]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;98431 said:
You boys had better bring some Tylenol. The Agents of Orange are about to bring the pain.

Bring_It2_zps65c3ed5e.jpg

I'll have a glass - heavy pulp please:)

Attention TurD!!!
Due to circumstances beyond his control Dblack25 will not be able to attend PRSX. I'm happy to welcome any unassigned player to team "Angrier than Larry". I also think you had him down as the referee...which I'm not sure was Kosher...but he won't be able to make it.
Sorry about the short notice.

Attention TurD!!!
Due to circumstances beyond his control Dblack25 will not be able to attend PRSX. I'm happy to welcome any unassigned player to team "Angrier than Larry". I also think you had him down as the referee...which I'm not sure was Kosher...but he won't be able to make it.
Sorry about the short notice.

OK - I'm leaving team "Angrier Than Larry" in the roster - perhaps you can find a willing bystander to team with...

Here is the j-ladder:

2013Jladder.jpg

or download your own pdf here:
http://toragraphics.com/img/forum/turd/2013Jladder.pdf

Hans and Shawn are gonna feel pretty bummed out getting beat by a sissy in a pink shirt and a dude with a shaved chest in the first game of the season.

Cleaning up:

With no Game Commissioner, no MC and no referees, I announce the following rules:

1. Jungle rules.
2. No 'spinning'.
3. Just about every damn thing else is legal.
4. If you want more rules - both teams must agree to them before each match up.

I will have copies of the J ladder with me and will attempt to post one near the table.

With that, I say,

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

photo.jpg

Last edited:
Back