2012 "Stripped" 58 Model Announcment

james

Administrator
Staff member
The “Stripped” 58 offers straightforward tone, quality, and comfort in an attractive, no-nonsense package. Originally offered as a limited run for Experience PRS 2011, the Stripped 58 has a classic, resonant voice that is eminently recordable and gig ready. This vintage-inspired instrument is perfect for more traditional single-cutaway style players and is also instantly comfortable to musicians who grew up playing short scale guitars. Get your hands on one today.

http://prsguitars.com/stripped58/

stripped58.jpg

Love my stripped...great guitar for a great price. I see they now come with a 10-top option, too. Mine has an amazing top, even though it's not a 10.

Glad to see the Stipper has become a standard model now. I missed out on grabbing one during the original run so now I'm glad that'll I'll have another shot at one.

Pretty sure the headstock shape doesn't affect how it sounds or plays... ;)

BUt it certainly changes the way it looks. And if you really want me to believe that looks have absolutely nothing to do buying a guitar, I'll quote Judge Judy: "Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining...":D

Didn't PRSH use the phrase "visual arrest" when talking about opening the case for the first time?

Jamie

I actually prefer it with the moons vs the birds. Interesting to see birds and 10 top option on this model.

Would love to see similar release for the McCarty 58.

BUt it certainly changes the way it looks. And if you really want me to believe that looks have absolutely nothing to do buying a guitar, I'll quote Judge Judy: "Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining...":D

Didn't PRSH use the phrase "visual arrest" when talking about opening the case for the first time?

Jamie

You bet. Just teasing ya, big fella.

Seriously, my Stripped 58 may be the best sounding PRS I've ever owned. That's a lot of PRSes! I think it's a great idea that they came out with this as a production model. All I can say is try one before deciding that the headstock is a deal breaker.

You bet. Just teasing ya, big fella.

Oh, no doubt on my end. Just something about the SC Teds gets my GAS levels up...

Seriously, my Stripped 58 may be the best sounding PRS I've ever owned. That's a lot of PRSes! I think it's a great idea that they came out with this as a production model. All I can say is try one before deciding that the headstock is a deal breaker.

I've played one of the protos. Great guitar. I was all set to hate the bridge till I played one... So much for visuals, right?

That said I can't say I've ever seen an "ugly" PRS guitar... Oh, wait, I forgot about "Clown Vomit!"

Jamie

I am dreaming about a Goldtop with birds... Unfortunately, given my situation, dreaming is probably about as close as I'll be able to get.

Goldtop

I am VERY happy that there are something other than birds available on the fretboard. I am looking forward to checking one out.

I was all set to hate the bridge till I played one... So much for visuals, right?

Funny that you mention that! I was a big fan of the wrap tail, and was worried that the 2 piece bridge might simply be a gimmick.

But it sounds so wonderful that it supplanted the Artist V as my favorite PRS, and that's saying something because I love that guitar. I have an SC58 on order.

Back