2012 Hollowbody II

Tommy

PRSFANMAN
Does anyone have one of these guitars in original form???

Yes, I was looking to know if the 57/08 pickups had the option to switch to a coil tap.

Yes, I was looking to know if the 57/08 pickups had the option to switch to a coil tap.
I didn't have the extra white wire, so no splits for me with those pickups.
I do happen to have other pickups in there now that do allow split, but not sure how/where to add the switch.
Do you have the piezo model? Not much room in there

Sorry, my HBii is from 2011. My sc245 from 2013 does have the white wire. Pull a pickup out and have a look. You might be lucky.

Actually I purchased a set of pickups out of a HB ii according to the seller. But the pickups only have two wires, black and shield. I wanted to know if that is normal or a sign of modifications. Since posting this thread I have found that it is normal for this model and year of guitar. The pickups are 57/08 TM according to the pickup covers.. At any rate I found out what I needed to know. Now to your question, since you already have a 3 way switch you would need to replace your tone knob with a push/pull POT and wire it accordingly. There are schematics that you can use to get the wiring pattern, it would be the same pattern as a McCarty .. https://www.prsguitars.com/documents/mccarty_2017.pdf
Good Luck
sot9fdzlj464jhww5jgz.jpg

Actually I purchased a set of pickups out of a HB ii according to the seller. But the pickups only have two wires, black and shield. I wanted to know if that is normal or a sign of modifications. Since posting this thread I have found that it is normal for this model and year of guitar. The pickups are 57/08 TM according to the pickup covers.. At any rate I found out what I needed to know. Now to your question, since you already have a 3 way switch you would need to replace your tone knob with a push/pull POT and wire it accordingly. There are schematics that you can use to get the wiring pattern, it would be the same pattern as a McCarty .. https://www.prsguitars.com/documents/mccarty_2017.pdf
Good Luck
sot9fdzlj464jhww5jgz.jpg
Yep, expect the piezo board is in the way in a HBii, so a push/pull tone would not fit physically - they are too deep.

Who would take out a set of 57/08’s? Those are strictly made for puttin’ In.
That would be me :)
The balance was all off for me. Too thin on the bridge, too muddy on the neck. I tried changing the pickup height but couldn't get along with them.
It's only 30 minutes work to pull them from my LP and put them back into the HBii ... And one day maybe I will. (No plans to sell them without the guitar that's for sure)

I have 57/08's in 2 singlecut solid bodies now and yes they are awesome pickups. I just wanted something else in my hollowbody.

That would be me :)
The balance was all off for me. Too thin on the bridge, too muddy on the neck. I tried changing the pickup height but couldn't get along with them.
It's only 30 minutes work to pull them from my LP and put them back into the HBii ... And one day maybe I will. (No plans to sell them without the guitar that's for sure)

I have 57/08's in 2 singlecut solid bodies now and yes they are awesome pickups. I just wanted something else in my hollowbody.

Right on, I was just working on my stand up comedy routine.

I’ve actually pulled and replaced, and pulled and replaced again a couple of 57/08’s myself.

While I do hate to contradict that veritable guru of PRS knowledge, the honorable Swami Satchinanda Sergiodeblanc, Blue guitars sound better. It's been scientifically proven.

OK, here is a question..

USA 85/15 or
USA 58/15

Which is the most mellow and has the best volume when split or tapped?? Eh??

Thanks bodia.. do they need treble bleed for the tap or good by them selves??

Stupid pickup covers, I bet I've bought 3 sets before I finally found some that fit on the older round bobbin usa made pickups. The Stewmac 1 -15/16 seem to work on all of them.

Back