2011 custom 24

EricB

Hey, new to the forum, first post. I've been wondering for a while now who I would talk to about options on my guitar. I have a 2011 custom 24 10 top in blue matteo with hollow birds, chrome hardware and a 3way toggle. I have not been able to find a picture of another guitar like it. They all have the 5 way or the rotary and usually gold hardware as well. Just wondering if maybe I have some kind of gem on my hands where there weren't many with those options.. I'd love to find out that it's somewhat of a rarity, I absolutely love this guitar!

There is a 2008/1958 that has that layout , or someone put " McCarty " switching in one
Great guitar

Like Rider says, if you bought it used someone may have switched it to a three way switch (see the pun there?)

If you bought it new it may have been a special order. In the Bridge cavity there is a code called a MODCAT. You can decode it and see what all the original options were. There is a decoder pinned on this forum.

Ahh ok, thanks guys. I bought it brand new in 2011, didn't know about the modcat though.. I was going to post a pic as well, but I can't figure out how to post something that's on my phone. Thanks for the input guys.

I have a buddy that has one it was a Custom 24 optioned with Mccarty switching and 58/15. I've never seen another one...maybe they are rare. I know there are some new anniversary ones out there with mini toggles but those are different. Make a couple more posts in this thread and post up some pics!

PRS has done plenty of one-off stuff over the years, so it's certainly possible you may have one. As mentioned, the MODCAT will tell all.

I recall seeing a matched Cu22AP and Cu24AP pair for sale with consecutive serial numbers, but rather than the usual highly figured tops you see on AP models, both had plain maple tops. I actually tried to buy the 24, but the shop was only selling them as a pair. I've never seen another like that since.

According to the paperwork I got with mine, it has the hfs and vintage bass with the 3 way switching

KxBzuKt

TnUwKeY

vAMoOOS

Back