2009 Mira Tail Piece Question

Richb

I have an opportunity to buy a 2009 Mira. I've never had a guitar with this type of tailpiece. My questions are...

How do you correct intonation issues?

How does the Mira handle a capo?

Thanks for any insight. I appreciate it.

If you use the string gauge that is intended, there's really no need to worry about intonation.
It's the tailpiece that Paul puts on his own "Paul's guitar".
Takes a capo great.

9s and 10s have been perfect for me. You can make some slight intonation adjustments by moving the bridge using the set screws at the posts. But it's fine w/those gauges.

I have an opportunity to buy a 2009 Mira. I've never had a guitar with this type of tailpiece. My questions are...

How do you correct intonation issues?

How does the Mira handle a capo?

Thanks for any insight. I appreciate it.

You set the low E via the set screw. Then set the high E via the other set screw. The middle four strings intonate like magic. Works very well unless you use really big strings, really small strings and/or a wound G string.

A capo's a capo. If it has too much tension, it will pull the strings sharp regardless.

Those original Miras rock, by the way.

I had one, sold it, then bought another and still have it. Both always strung with 11-48s (G is an unwound 18) and zero intonation problems.

My SE Santana has the SE version of the same bridge. I use the same strings, no problems.

Back