2005 McCarty with Indian Rosewood neck

Longordo

Hello, I'm thinking of buying a 2005 PRS McCarty with Rosewood neck.
I've had four McCartys, but none with Rosewood neck.
Can anyone give me tips on the guitar, especially in the combination of the Rosewood neck with the McCarty pickups?
Thank you.

IMO the McCarty pups go very well with IRW necks. I hear more mids than from a mahogany neck and a powerful but still creamy tone. The real benefit of the IRW neck though is the smooth playability. The feel of the neck is just sexy. I am still on a honeymoon with my 2006 McRosie, but I'd recommend getting one. They are terrific.

I own a McRosie and it sounds fat, fat, fat. The pickups are great too and sound very smooth and creamy when overdriven (think Slash tone or Clapton's Cream tone, but with more bite). Good luck in your quest.

My first PRS was a 2005 McCarty with a rosewood neck. Very different tonally than any other guitars I had played previously. PRS's with mahogany necks tend to be more mid-range focused; a tried and true recipe that make them great for many musical applications! The rosewood neck is different. You get an expanded low-mid and low end while the mid-mids and upper mids come down. The sound is big and powerful....but a little more finicky I found and certainly, pickup choice is crucial. I needed pickups with a tight low end and more upper mids to cut through in a metal/hard rock context.

Rosewood neck McCarty's are some of my favorite PRS to whack big holes in. I usually update them with 57/08's though.

i got a 2005 McRosie goldtop that is gorgeous, loaded with 59/09s.

goldie-daylight900.jpg

Last edited:
Back