2004 PRS McCarthy with rosewood neck ...

Knew they were PRS pick ups ... was just looking for the number used by to describe the pickup

Just looked at a couple for sale that were PRS McCarthy with rosewood neck ... just said McCarthy as their idenifier

I'm selling mine on Ebay and and put up a that they had 57/08's ... and found out I was incorrect .. and wanted to correct the listing ... just deleted the incorrect information

Thanks for the help .... and I will be raising my price on Ebay .. giving it away ;)

Knew they were PRS pick ups ... was just looking for the number used by to describe the pickup

Just looked at a couple for sale that were PRS McCarthy with rosewood neck ... just said McCarthy as their idenifier

I'm selling mine on Ebay and and put up a that they had 57/08's ... and found out I was incorrect .. and wanted to correct the listing ... just deleted the incorrect information

Thanks for the help .... and I will be raising my price on Ebay .. giving it away ;)
There were no numbers back then on those. They are simply McCarty pickups for that model. Good luck with your sale!

unless it was a special order I suppose, my 2004 McCarty Standard 22 all mahogany has Dragon II pickups,rosewood board, bird inlays.. no maple cap and weighs in at only 7.4 lbs… i
Your McCarty, if original, will have McCarty pickups. You can’t special order different pickups from the factory.
Dragon II’s were in Custom 22’s.

I have a 2006 McCarty w/rosewood neck. It's got McCarty pickups in it, confirmed on the hang tag.

And since we seem to always love pics...
wycHNXp.jpg

well if you check my link on photobucket, the hang tag and guitar is pictured.. so I disagree with what you are saying since PRS confirmed it was a special ordered guitar, McCarty standard 22 all solid mahogany, rosewood fretboard with bird inlays and Dragon II pickups
I would love to see the pics. Please post them. I dumped photobucket years ago.

I have a McRosie and it is one of my favorite guitars tonally. I feel that the pickups cover a wide range of genres. I want to say as others have that they are McCarty pickups

directly from PRS guitars..

2004 Standard 22 solid mahogany body and neck, wide-fat profile with Indian rosewood fretboard and bird inlays.Dragon II treble and bass pickups with 5 way rotary. It would seem then that the 5 way rotary was switched out for 3 way toggle and I assume the tuners may have also been changed along with the truss rod cover by the original owner. Which unfortunately means the hangtag was tampered with as according to Beth Johnson at Prs this was not a special order.

Thank you everyone for the help and feedback on getting to the bottom of this one… much appreciated.
The ol’ not a McCarty but a Custom22 ruse…
Still want to see the pics.:)

Back