2001 Single Cut

G-Man

Looking at a beautiful model online. Amazing pictures look almost too real. Three things scare me.

- One - The headstock signature looks tilted upwards which seem odd. On my guitars, the base of he letters is flat to the strings. On this one they curve up at about a 10 to 15 degree angle. Seem odd?
- Two - The control cover is signed by Paul which usually means someone brought the cover to a meet and greet. In the picture, you can almost see where an overlay was marked and the signature followed the overlay to a point to get the basic shape. I give no value to these signatures unless it is on the neck and under the finish.
- Three - Guitar is in immaculate condition but the serial number looks faded and worn despite being period correct.

Am I being paranoid? Could just be the angle of photographs.

Does the headstock signature look like this:

arhrzcsl8mlcjwwpu9kl.jpg

(Psuedo-random Reverb photo of a 2001 SC). All of the 2001s I looked at had that signature "shape". it is the old PRS signature.

I can't say anything useful about your other concerns without pics. So pics/links of your specific interest would help.

Yes bit the Smith is at a slightly higher angle. I think it is just the way the photo was taken now that I look at it on a higher res screen. Thanks guys. !

Back