2001 PRS CE 24 - fair price?

Matz

I'm thinking about buying a black PRS CE 24. I can't get to play it first so I don't have any firsthand knowledge, but the seller says, that it is in very good condition and that it sounds good.

What's a fair price for it?

I'm thinking about buying a black PRS CE 24. I can't get to play it first so I don't have any firsthand knowledge, but the seller says, that it is in very good condition and that it sounds good.

What's a fair price for it?

Check Reverb, EBay, theGearpage, etc. for comparisons. I think EBay still has a past sales feature.

Thanks, price seems about right.

Does anyone own a CE from around this time, if yes can you recommend picking one up?

Good idea. Can you say what you'd ask for specifically?

I've seen pictures of it and it looks great. Also the seller has really good feedback

I think that’s a fair price. The one thing the new CE reissue did is raise the prices on the old ones. So whereas in the past, you’d say $1000 is the sweets spot for an old CE... time, inflation, and reality has marched forward.

Personally, I’d take a CE or a Standard over a Custom every day of the week.

I think that’s a fair price. The one thing the new CE reissue did is raise the prices on the old ones. So whereas in the past, you’d say $1000 is the sweets spot for an old CE... time, inflation, and reality has marched forward.

Personally, I’d take a CE or a Standard over a Custom every day of the week.

But the question is, if it's in a good enough shape still to play well and therefore is worth the money? The seller writes that it's in great condition, but looking at the bridge e..g I'm not sure I agree

The pics are of such quality on the link that I can’t really see the condition of the bridge, however there appears to be a significant bump to the lacquer on the top.

But the question is, if it's in a good enough shape still to play well and therefore is worth the money? The seller writes that it's in great condition, but looking at the bridge e..g I'm not sure I agree

I mean, ultimately that’s up to you.

IMO it’s not in “great shape”, I’d classify it as “good”, but it’s certainly in, or can easily approach a completely playable condition from what I can see in those low resolution pics (zooming in just makes it look like Atari).

IDK... ya gotta go with your gut, and decide how much you’re interested in this particular model and guitar.

For used guitars, my first thoughts usually focus on: is there any lower fret wear??, is the neck pocket solid, (No cracks on either side)??, and is the Truss rod functioning???
Other than that...it looks nice to me!!! Go for it.
It looks like a CE-22, with a regular neck...Not Wide-Fat, I don't think???

yeah maybe, and I am protected by Ebays Money Back guarantee if something major or pretty major is wrong with it

and then again, maybe it's smarter to wait and then get a new CE at some point.

People say that the old CE's are basically a core but with a bolt on whereas the new CE's come with the cheaper Korean parts on them, but still, don't they feel and sound and function just as well as a 2005 in good condition?

and then again, maybe it's smarter to wait and then get a new CE at some point.

People say that the old CE's are basically a core but with a bolt on whereas the new CE's come with the cheaper Korean parts on them, but still, don't they feel and sound and function just as well as a 2005 in good condition?

It’s really only the bridge on the new CE that’s not as nice (parts wise), and the old one could be in bad shape. If that’s the case, then either way you’re lookin’ at a couple hundred bucks+ for a new one.

Construction wise, you’re looking at a shallower body carve, and a neck with a scarf joint and a glued on heel.

They’ll sound and feel a little bit different due to those factors and the different hardware and pickups.

thanks, I think I'll leave the used one alone, it's too risky

About the new CE's: You're also looking at NOT matching head stocks, man what are they thinking?

Back