2000NOS upgrade... and a few other mods.

I'd put the S2 between or even next to the CE, and above the SE. I've had 2, and they are very fine guitars.

Ya... If I was going to rank the PRS guitar lines, it'd go like this:
  1. CU (Core line) - The Holy Grail. Best of the best. USA made with full US hardware.
  2. CE - USA made, with full US hardware (except the bridge), with a bolt-on maple neck.
  3. S2 - USA made, with mostly Korean hardware.
  4. SE - Korean made, with full Korean hardware.
There is no bad PRS guitar... In addition to my CE24, I also own an SE, and it is nicer to play than my Ibanez Premium (which costs twice as much).

Sweet guitar, Jimmy!

In your list you forgot to include Collection series, Private Stock, and various limited runs with features between Core and PS.

While I, too, prefer the materials and finish of the US and Mann bridges, bear in mind that steel bridges are preferred by some players for their sonic characteristics.

Strat players, for example, often debate fiercely about brass, steel, zinc, aluminum, and other trem block materials. Each has its fans. I’m not a Strat player, so I tend to excuse myself when these arguments erupt, and go have a drink. :)

Sweet guitar, Jimmy!

In your list you forgot to include Collection series, Private Stock, and various limited runs with features between Core and PS.

While I, too, prefer the materials and finish of the US and Mann bridges, bear in mind that steel bridges are preferred by some players for their sonic characteristics.

Strat players, for example, often debate fiercely about brass, steel, zinc, aluminum, and other trem block materials. Each has its fans. I’m not a Strat player, so I tend to excuse myself when these arguments erupt, and go have a drink. :)
Martini time!!!

Daaammmmit! More NOS MannMade GAS! I've contemplated getting one for my NF3 for a while now. I should just order before this next batch is gone.

BTW- your CE is dressed to kill and lookin' like a boss with the all black.

Daaammmmit! More NOS MannMade GAS! I've contemplated getting one for my NF3 for a while now. I should just order before this next batch is gone.

BTW- your CE is dressed to kill and lookin' like a boss with the all black.

Yeah, do it.

The NF3 needs a NOS MannMade.

Do it.

So you wont have to wait... Like I've had to wait.

:(

Do it.

It’s your fault. I just ordered a Mann bridge for my CE!

Tone is a lot better, way more defined. And the sustain is ridiculously long now...
The action is also a lot better on the Mann bridge. Can dive-bomb a lot deeper.
And the tremolo arm is more beefy... the old one felt like a cheap coat hanger in my hand.

Obviously, I'd recommend the upgrade. It makes a really nice guitar into a REALLY nice playing / sounding guitar.

My new Mann Made NOS2000 arrived today! With any luck, I might actually get enough time tonight to install it!

mannmade.jpg

Well greetings in the name of the Lord good brother, a brother of 2 families I must say as the PRS brotherhood is a great one also! Awesome guitar my friend!

Back