20 Feet from Stardom

garrett

Anyone else seen this documentary yet? It's a great 90 minute piece about the history backup singers in popular music. It's on Netflix. Lots of great interviews with top backup singers as well as some big time stars like The Boss and Sting.

My favorite part is Merry Clayton telling the story of recording her famous vocal on the Stones' "Gimme Shelter". She was pregnant and they got her out of bed at night to do the session. She laid that amazing track down in pajamas and curlers.

Highly recommended viewing for you other music nuts out there.

Sounds like a good watch. And it's on Netflix so it's accessible. I will give it a go. Thanks for sharing.

OK. Space/time warp. As I started reading this thread, Gimme Shelter started playing on the radio....

Like, whoa, man. She also talked about recording backgrounds for "Sweet Home Alabama". See if you can make that one come on with your mind powers!

Very good flick.

There's also a Muscle Shoals doc that is said to be very good. I have it on the DVR but haven't watched it yet.

And I want to get my hands on the Super Duper Alice Cooper and Lamb Of God docs as well.

Very good flick.

There's also a Muscle Shoals doc that is said to be very good. I have it on the DVR but haven't watched it yet.

And I want to get my hands on the Super Duper Alice Cooper and Lamb Of God docs as well.

If you haven't watched Muscle Shoals, you are doing yourself a disservice...

Thanks, fellas. Just added it to My List in Netflix. Watched the trailer and it does look really good.

Back