2 Year Belated NGD!

Phil M

I really love this guitar. December 2015 production, bought new Feb 2016. PRS Custom 24 Orange Tiger. Pattern Regular neck and 85/15 pickups.

2/5/18 EDIT: I took new pics. These are much better.

kchRbdA.jpg

PCd1nxH.jpg

n8o8vAb.jpg

yTFTOjk.jpg

jaE7C6A.jpg

GpOpQuJ.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, yeah, I love the way it looks almost as much as I love how it plays.

I’ve wondered about the color though. It’s called Orange Tiger, but it looks like a Tortoise Shell Custom 24 that I once owned. Has anyone else noticed this about Orange Tiger? Did PRS just rename the color?

Great looking axe. Looks sweet in that color, too.

Very nice guitar..jam away!

Thanks, yeah, I love the way it looks almost as much as I love how it plays.

I’ve wondered about the color though. It’s called Orange Tiger, but it looks like a Tortoise Shell Custom 24 that I once owned. Has anyone else noticed this about Orange Tiger? Did PRS just rename the color?

Nice one!

I think Orange Tiger leans more orange while Tortoise Shell leans more amber. They both have that classy muted brown thing going on, though.

I assume from the one pic that it's plugged in a whole lot more than the "other" guitar? ;)

Ha, yeah but that “other” guitar is a one in a million. Just a perfect R8. However, I can see its brothers getting sold off to fund a regular McCarty and a 594 SC!

I assume from the one pic that it's plugged in a whole lot more than the "other" guitar? ;)

Nice one!

I think Orange Tiger leans more orange while Tortoise Shell leans more amber. They both have that classy muted brown thing going on, though.

I think you’re probably right. I know for mine, the dealer pic makes it look more orangey than it really is and my iPhone pics make it look more brown.

Back