2 QUESTIONS ??

Paul Reed Slut

Hi Folks,

1) Anyone had Suhr Aldrich pups in their PRS and if so how were they? Any good for metal (Metallica / Megadeth / Anthrax)

2) The fretboard on my PRS custom 24 Zebrawood is jet black - is this a dark rosewood or could it be ebony?

Hi Folks,

1) Anyone had Suhr Aldrich pups in their PRS and if so how were they? Any good for metal (Metallica / Megadeth / Anthrax)

2) The fretboard on my PRS custom 24 Zebrawood is jet black - is this a dark rosewood or could it be ebony?

1) I have the Suhr Aldrich pick ups in my KL-33 (basically an all Korina Santana w/rosewood board). I love them. Very clear and articulate. They cover all kinds of ground. I would think they would work for what you are after. I played a fellow forum member's 594 that he had loaded with the Aldrich. I liked them so much I ordered a set that afternoon.

2) If it's zebrawood, it's closer to RW than Ebony. Surprised it's jet black though. I thought it usually had more characteristics of "zebra" stripping.

1) I have the Suhr Aldrich pick ups in my KL-33 (basically an all Korina Santana w/rosewood board). I love them. Very clear and articulate. They cover all kinds of ground. I would think they would work for what you are after. I played a fellow forum member's 594 that he had loaded with the Aldrich. I liked them so much I ordered a set that afternoon.

2) If it's zebrawood, it's closer to RW than Ebony. Surprised it's jet black though. I thought it usually had more characteristics of "zebra" stripping.

thanks for the feedback. The body veneer is zebrawood... by the fretboard is supposed to be rosewood. However the fret board timber is jet black... looks more like ebony?

thanks for the feedback. The body veneer is zebrawood... by the fretboard is supposed to be rosewood. However the fret board timber is jet black... looks more like ebony?

Oops...I got ya now. If it's jet black, and the grain is tight, it is probably Ebony. IMO, rosewood looks more grain-y

If it's an SE it's probably rosewood. Ebony generally get's reserved for the more posh grades. I have a Custom 24SE and the fingerboard is also black, or close enough, and I know that it's rosewood. But it does look an awful lot like ebony. It's also not impossible that it's dyed. You're on to it with the grain - ebony is so tight it's practically invisible.

Brian C is the king of the Suhr Aldrich pickups and they sound killer in all his guitars

As stated above, I am the King of Suhr Aldrich pups! I find that they are the perfect balance of heat and clarity. Think 5708 crossed with a HFS! In the neck they are perfect for clean and the woman tone.

I have them in 3 of my Core PRS.

They also are very reasonably priced. $110 ea.

Back